Parkland College GPARegister Today!
- by KirbyEMT Aug 5, '09Is anyone familiar with what GPA I would need to get into Parkland College RN program?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=413353©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,125 Views
- Sep 3, '09 by vpfefferThey look at your GPA as well as your score on the TEAS test. Do you live in district? The past few semesters they have had so many people apply they do not even look at people out of district. I know that the minimum GPA you need to be able to apply is 2.75 but I think you probably need more like 3.5 and above to be considered. I am a second semester student there so if you have any questions just let me know!
- Apr 22, '10 by KirbyEMTI got in. My GPA was 4.0, but some people in the program got in with as little as a 3.1. It also varies from semester to semester, and with the TEAS test. I'm liking the program. Most of the instructors are very nice, and my current overall GPA including the nursing classes is still a 4.0, which will help with med school applications.
- Dec 14, '10 by mandajeaniceI got in with a 3.25 GPA, but I scored in the 99th percentile on the TEAS test. The first poster is right; they don't just look at your GPA when considering applicants. One of my friends got in with a 3.0 GPA. Good luck if you're still considering it!
- May 9, '11 by bols27Why on earth would you be wasting your time and a spot for someone who actually wants to be a nurse if your intention is to apply to medical school? I was premed at one point and actually found that being a nurse when applying to medical school is at the very most no help at all and at the very least detrimental depending on the specific adcom.