Methodist College of Nursing 2nd Degree Program - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 9, '11 by dkmamato3Quote from turtle57I agree ~ all programs are going to have individuals that are happy and unhappy with their program. I am doing my research on a few different programs to make sure that I am making the right choice for me.I graduated from MCON in August 2011 and passed the NCLEX with 75 questions. There are always good things and bad things about every program out there. You have to decide which one works best for you.
Did you have a good personal experience at MCON?
- Nov 10, '11 by Pneumothoraxim in OSF's program now.. love it...come to the dark side ya'll ICC does put out some very good nurses, too bad they are not BSN also.
Oh i think bradley just lost/cancelled the contract with their crna program with a hospital in decatur and millikun picked it up. made more sense.
- Dec 9, '11 by TexHawsI am currently a second degree student at MCON in peoria il. I have had both negative and positive experiences, but I will tell you that my overall experience with this methodist college of nursing is quite negative. if you want more info check out my blog . . . mconmalenurse . blogspot dot com
- Mar 2, '12 by Chelle_jI am a student at MCON and I personally love it. I am apart of the four year program and have friends that are in the second degree program. I love the environment and I think that they provide a quality education. I really think that alot of people are misinformed about the college that they are leaving bad comments. I recommend this school and think that you should visit the college for yourself. I visited OSF and Methodist and although I liked both colleges I really felt Methodist had exactly what I was looking for and they gave me all the facts. After accepting my entrance into MCON I realized that OSF failed to tell me some of the information that I had asked them specifically about. I think that all the nursing programs in the area are great schools we just have to find the fit that is right for you. No need to go around bad mouthing.
- Jul 31, '12 by brlabo00MCON second degree is terrible. I am currently enrolled and the instructors are horrible. I have heard great things about the four-year program though. Also, the NCLEX pass rate for 2011 is 72%, and that is the lowest in the area. Losing accreditation...doubt it but probably probation.
- Jul 31, '12 by Lady1187I am a second degree student also and I agree with what everyone has mentioned already. I strongly suggest attending another 2nd degree nursing program because this program is not worth it and you will receive a better education elsewhere.