loyola absn fall 2012 - Page 8Register Today!
- Yes! You will definitely see me at orientation. .
- Apr 25, '12 by RickyLatino87Miss Molly,
Did your friend have a co-signer? Also, are you able to apply for the loan online or do you have to go to one of their branches?
- My friend is in her 30's like me, so she didn't need a co-signer. The private loans do base everything off of your credit score, though, so if you don't have a long or good credit history, then a co-signer could be used to get a better rate. You can apply for the loans online, but you might want to speak to an actual banker so you can get a better explanation of what you're getting into (ie front-loaded interest, variable rates, etc). These banks can be very tricky, so you'll want to get everything in writing before signing the loan agreement. There are a lot of horror stories out there about people who had to pay 15 years worth of interest before any of the payments went to the principle, and some of the sneaky re-payment terms can get you to end up paying double what you borrowed. If you speak to a banker personally, you can ask all of those 'what if' questions.
- Apr 25, '12 by naysandoSo here's a weird question but what happens during the 3 day orientation? Is it pre nursing testing? And do we need to buy that parking pass before hand? I was given what the employee rate is- guess that's the same as the student rate then?
- I was confused about the parking thing, too...especially because I can't believe they are charging us for parking. It's not like it's in an area where parking is scarce. I meant to ask Natalie for clarification on the 'staff' parking, and now you just reminded me...thanks! . I think that during orientation, we're going to be doing an intro to nursing class among other welcome-y type things. Don't remember where I read that, though.
- i agree--shouldn't that parking fee be apart of our tuition? bummer...
i was doing a search and found that they were doing a test called ATI on orientation (2010)- do you know if they still do this? yikes- test on the first day?!?!?! ok panicking here already : )
- Apr 26, '12 by Miss MollyTry not to think about it. I'm sure that if they do give us a test, it's just to get an idea of where we're at. You're already in, so don't worry too much anout it. Btw...love your new profile pic. .
- Thanks! : ) worked in word for awhile on that one! Lol Guess its time to start shopping too! I bought some stuff at all heart (stethoscope, penlight, scissors) but was waiting to buy scrubs until I knew what color.....bring on the wine ; )
- @rickylatino87I tried to send you another message but it said you reached your max space! I'll just post it ( hope that's ok)Ug sorry hit the wrong key : )But you get the drift...and I think you would get your Lpn after the first year of an rn program so you would get it anyways, but still be in a nursing program. - all that said you gotta do what's best for you and what will get you where you want to be. If the Lpn seems to be the way, I say good luck : )Maybe it was just bad experiences at my school? I go to college of Dupage btw- for my pre-reqs. Have you also talked to res to see how they are financially? Maybe they can work with you if loyola won't?
- Apr 26, '12 by RickyLatino87Hey, I deleted some messages so I have space now and I replied to you.