loyola absn fall 2012 - Page 10Register Today!
- Apr 28, '12 by naysandoAh ok...found it- thanks! Sending that in now just in case! Thanks for replying, I would have never looked in the actual physical paper stack- lolSooooo excited! Can't wait to meet you all!
- Apr 28, '12 by quidrashareseYou're welcome, Renee:-)!!! I'm super excited as well, and look forward to meeting everyone too:-)!!!!!!!
- May 1, '12 by naysandoAnother question....what are you all wearing to orientation? Dress up? Jeans? Walking shoes? I wish I knew what we were doing for the 3 days....walking? Sitting? Not sure...what are you guys thinking?
- May 2, '12 by mkelly41211Hey Everyone!
I'm new to this site, but have for a while kinda been following after google search brought me here when applying. First off, Congrats to everyone who has been accepted thus far!! I recently sent in my deposit and intent to enroll form, so I'm also getting anxious...you all seem like a great group of people, and I can't wait to work with you all throughout this process. I believe some one asked a while back about Loyola taking recent grads after completing nursing school. I know for a fact that they do. I did my undergraduate at Loyola (Biology, graduated in May 2011) and I know of many nursing students (my g/f was a nursing student there as well) who are currently working in several areas at Loyola Medical Center. I know that the regular BSN pass rate dropped a little last year (from what I hear for the first time in a while) but they keep quiet about it. I have seen some of the BSN students and the ABSN students around campus - It dont by any means look easy, but successful completion is, without a doubt, possible. Anyways, hopefully I get to meet all of you within the next couple months!
- May 2, '12 by naysandooh yay! nice to meet another fellow student! thanks for answering the new grad hire question. i was wondering and hoping. your girlfriend went through this program already? does she have any tips/advice for us newbies on how to survive- i mean succeed? : )
- May 2, '12 by RickyLatino87Welcome and congrats on getting in! And yes, any advice would be appreciated.
I had a question for everyone who is going into the program this fall or who is already in it, do you plan on working? I know they don't recommend it and I'm sure working full-time is out of the question, but do you guys think part-time is possible?
- May 2, '12 by mkelly41211Thanks Ricky and Renee!
Well she actually went through the regular four year BSN program. She did know a couple of the ABSN students though. From seeing what she did for four years, all I can say is be prepared to study, haha. I will say though that she loved it and loved Loyola. They hold their nursing program very high. However, the stress I saw her deal with during the school year was absolutely nothing when compared to the month before taking her NCLEX...I had to watch what I said to her and did during that month for fear of my life haha.
As far as working during this program, I dunno if I'm gunna attempt it. Definitely not full time atleast. Again from what I heard about other students working, alot of them did it on the weekend (but again that was for the regular 4 year program). I could only imagine that weekends would be better used for getting much needed sleep. Any other questions, let me know and I'll ask her right away.
- May 3, '12 by Miss MollyHey Guys, Just wanted to let you know, in case you don't know already, that I was able to find all of my nurse supplies cheaper on Amazon, than they are at the uniform place....mostly because Amazon has free shipping. I got my shoes, pen lights, steth, bp cuff and bandage scizzors...just need the watch, but I didn't like any of them. Also, I was just at the Target Clinic to get part 2 of my Hep B shot and the NP there turned out to be an ABSN grad from Loyola. She said that she also got a job at LUMC right after graduation, so that's good news.
- May 3, '12 by naysandoI ordered an bunch of stuff from all heart...they were cheaper then the other online store too.. What kind of stethoscope did ya get?
- May 5, '12 by Miss MollyThe one I got is a Lumiscope. It has good sound and it was a good price.