ECC Elgin Community College requirementsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on ECC Elgin Community College requirements in Illinois State Nursing Programs, part of Illinois Nursing ... Just wondering if anyone has recently been accepted to ECC's Nursing program? They changed the...by bmuller78 Aug 2, '12Just wondering if anyone has recently been accepted to ECC's Nursing program? They changed the format (now use a "worksheet" for points needed out of 54 points, and also PSB HOA instead of NLN). Just wondering if any new students can tell me how many "points" out of the 54 they had to get into the program. After A+P, I will have 44 out of 54 and I'm not sure if that's enough, or if I should wait one more semester to get 47 out of 54 after my Psych class. Thanks in advance.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=766093©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,337 Views
- Aug 2, '12 by dayanaraHi! I'm starting at ECC this fall. I am not sure of how many points I got when I applied, but I can tell you my grades on the pre-reqs:
English 101- A
English 102- B
Chem 101- B
Bio 110- A
Bio 245- A
Bio 246- A
Bio 265- C
Psy 100- A
My PSB test scores were all above 90, except for the vocational section where I got a 65.
My advice would be to take care of your pre-reqs first, including the two Psychs (101 and 218 ) sociology 100, and of course the A and P's and the microbiology. I think they have a preference for students who have completed the courses that are part of the program because that way they can concentrate on the nursing courses only. When you are ready to apply go see the counselor named Stephanie; she helped me a lot with my application. But don't wait any longer to apply! Do it as soon as possible regardless of the points you might have. You don't lose anything and you might get accepted! It may be harder to take nursing courses along with other classes, but it can be done! Good luck!Last edit by dayanara on Aug 2, '12
- Aug 2, '12 by sj20fameHello,
I'm from Aurora, and have been considering ECC- There is a Nurse entrance exam correct? My school in Aurora has the Pax Test. what does ECC have, is it the PSB test?(have no idea what that is?) What is a passing score for the entrance exam?
- Aug 2, '12 by sj20fameUuu yay, I have all my pre-reqs done but hopefully they'd be able to transfer if I'd consider ECC...??
- Aug 2, '12 by dayanaraYes you can transfer them! I transferred most of them:-)
And I had to take the PSB-HOA. You just have to score more than 75 on each part of the exam.
- Aug 2, '12 by bmuller78Did you submit that worksheet with your application dayanara? Luckily I have a previous Bachelors Degree so I have a lot of pre reqs and co reqs done. The only ones I have left after the A+P, are Micro and Psych 218. Other than that, it'll be nothing but Nursing classes if I get in. I just didn't know if I should wait another semester to apply in case I didn't get in. But you say just go for it, huh?
- Aug 3, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to the Illinois State Nursing Programs forum.
- Aug 3, '12 by dayanaraYeah just go for it because remember that after you apply you have to wait an entire semester to start the program. Do psych 218 online if you can, it's easier. And they fill out the worksheet after you take the PSB and submit your transcripts, so you don't have to worry about submitting it with your application. You just need to sign some forms and include your transcripts in the application. Any questions you can e-mail me...email@example.com. Good luck!
- Aug 3, '12 by bmuller78Woah, I am blown away... I saw your email address and recognized it from my class list in Soc 100. Did you just take that class this summer online with Fountain?? Small world if that's you. Anyways, thanks for the advice and good luck with Nursing!
- Aug 4, '12 by dayanaraLol...yup that's me! It's a small world after all! What's your name?