Calling all Truman College Nursing Students - Page 7Register Today!
- May 5, '10 by Ruby2623Thank you 4hana9 do you know by any chance what hospital Mrs. Preston goes to?
- May 5, '10 by 4hana9I believe it's St. Joseph's in Evanston.
- May 6, '10 by gonnabeanurse11Preston went to Holy Cross on the south side last year for 101. There is no hospital in Evanston that Truman goes to. Kipnis goes to St. Josephs which is on lake shore drive and Diversey.
- May 6, '10 by Ruby2623Thank you for the info. Gonnabeanurse11, when we go to registration, do they ask you which instructor you want? do they have the instructor's names and the hospital they go to next to them? since I live on the south side, maybe I can do my clinicals close to home instead of going way north?. Since Mrs. Preston is a good teacher, if she goes to Holy Cross this year, maybe I should take her what do you think?
- May 6, '10 by gonnabeanurse11Yes when you register they will ask you what section you want meaning what teacher and each teacher goes to a certain hospital. They will tell you this info in the beginning before you register. Dont forget to get there early so you will have first dibs. Ms. Preston is a good teacher from what Ive heard, I have two friends that are taking her and love her so you should do whatever is most convenient for you. Second year you dont have a choice at all and will have to go wherever the clinicals are, so take advantage of it in 101 and 102.
- May 6, '10 by Ruby2623Thanks a ton Gonnabeanurse11!!!
- May 7, '10 by 4hana9Quote from gonnabeanurse11Okay, I stand corrected. Do you know which hospital Romba and Murphy go to?Preston went to Holy Cross on the south side last year for 101. There is no hospital in Evanston that Truman goes to. Kipnis goes to St. Josephs which is on lake shore drive and Diversey.
- May 8, '10 by gonnabeanurse11Murphy goes to Illinois Masonic and Romba I believe went to Our Lady of Ressurection. The hospitals change every semester but Murphy always goes to Illinois Masonic and Kipnis to St. Josephs.
- May 17, '10 by Chinis_R_N_gonnabeanurse11-
I was accepted into the RN program starting in the fall & am looking over the class schedule listed in the Fall 2010 book. I notice the classes are set up in blocks, and Professor Kipnis is listed as having class from 9-10:50am MW. Is that correct? Are our lectures only going to be less than 2 hrs long each day? It seems that the other professors are set up doing 11-12:50. I need to know as I am coordinating school with work & babysitting schedules....
Any info would be greatly appreciated! (all the info you've given already has been really useful!)
Congratulations on all of your hard work in RN school
- May 17, '10 by gonnabeanurse11Yes Kipnis has class from 9-1050 MW and the other teachers from 11-1250. That is all the lecture for 101 but you also have to attend a skills lab each week. There is a 2 hour skills lab that you have to take each week where you go to the mock hospital and demonstrate all the skills you learn. This is done for the first and second semester only. You have to sign up for it and it is first come first serve, well at least it was last year when i signed up. There are only 10 people per skills lab so there are tons of different time slots for it, each day of the week. Let me know if you have anymore questions.