Alternative to Nursing SchoolRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Alternative to Nursing School in Illinois State Nursing Programs, part of Illinois Nursing ... I recently applied to Nursing School, and after talking to peers that have applied to the same...by mrbear15 Feb 24, '10I recently applied to Nursing School, and after talking to peers that have applied to the same program I am getting nervous that I might not be accepted. Because of this I have started to think of different alternatives to going to Nursing School. The top of my list right now is Healthcare Administration. I would love some feedback on whether this is a good alternative or just some general thoughts on the subject. Thanks.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=458447©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,652 Views
- what schools have you applied to?
- Feb 24, '10 by mrbear15St. Xavier University and Prairie State College
- I applied to St xaviar and got rejected due to the being backed up...I would apply to other schools. When do u find out?
- Feb 24, '10 by mrbear15I find out in a few weeks. The deadline has already passed for applying to other schools for this fall. I don't really want to wait around another year to apply for fall 2011 and still not have a guarantee that I will be admitted then either.
- Well I'd love to kno if u got in, I'm waiting on acceptance into USF I find out in about a month .
- Feb 25, '10 by prinsessaHow about working as a CNA or PCT for a while? Some hospitals will pay for you to go to school to become a RN. Good luck! Hopefully you get in!
- Feb 25, '10 by caliotter3The more schools you apply to, the greater chance you have of getting accepted. Another possibility is to go to LPN school, get the LPN license, then use it to enter an RN program through the LPN to RN track. Lots of people do this to get into RN school faster.
- Feb 25, '10 by mrbear15Im wondering if Health Care Administration would be a good field to go into.
- Feb 27, '10 by teacher08My cousin has been a HCA (13 employees) and she makes close to, if not, six figures. She was majoring in Nursing and then she changed her mind. She loves her position as HCA. Explore all opportunities and avenues within the health care field and shadow a few health care professionals, keep a journal and review the pros and cons.
Best wishes in your future endeavors!