Accepted into CCC Nursing Program: Truman College - Page 4Register Today!
- Apr 24, '12 by Anna2012I registered for the end of May CPR class in Evanston. Katja508, thanks for the tip. I will wait for that May 14 email, however.
- Apr 24, '12 by Katja508Congratulation, Anna!! What a great surprise for you! I will see you guys in about a month to learn some CPR! Woohoo!
- Apr 24, '12 by Anna2012Is it true Chicago hospitals will hire only nurses with a BSN? I heard they will start in 2014...
- Apr 25, '12 by Anna2012I have not.
- Apr 25, '12 by Endless_STiHello everyone! I know I am late, but I just found this forum. I was accepted a while back and I will be looking forward to joining you guys at Truman for the fall. As far as CPR, I just registered at MXC for May 19th, 9:30a-2:30p. It was $45.00.
And Bethany1975, I received an updated email saying what people mentioned above that more info will be emailed on May 14. I guess that is our confirmation? Did you receive that email?
- Apr 26, '12 by Bethany1975No, Endless_STi, I did not receive that email. That is what I'm a little worried about. I definately will give a call today.
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall also.
- Apr 26, '12 by RickyLatino87Disregard this message.Last edit by RickyLatino87 on Apr 26, '12 : Reason: Question was answered
- Apr 27, '12 by -RickI got accepted a few weeks back to Truman's nursing program. Happy belated congrats to all that have made it, I'm sure it will be a fun program. I think we are all very fortunate to be part of such great program that produces a high percentage of students that pass the NCLEX. You will also run into people who look down on the program because it is not a BSN curriculum. However, I would like to remind everyone that the people who look down on this degree are usually the one's who end up or already have $30,000+ student loans. Ironically enough they where not smart enough to invest in economically viable degree. There are not many two year programs that provide so many career opportunities especially at this tuition rate. I hope that we focus on upholding high standards and work together to bring a positive atmosphere for this upcoming semester.
- Apr 27, '12 by RickyLatino87Very well put Rick!
Does anyone know the total cost of the program by the way?
- Apr 27, '12 by shannag1881Hi all - congrats on getting in
I'm going into 2nd year and I just wanted to mention one thing about CPR - make sure the class you take is for healthcare workers - that's the one you need and it has to be done before you start clinicals in the fall.