Accepted into CCC Nursing Program: Truman College - Page 33Register Today!
- Aug 12, '12 by maane1005Yes! I am greatly looking forward to going to school with no books in hand. (Please note sarcasm)
Anyways, still waiting for that finalized book list. I guess we'll be stuck with having to spend over a thousand dollars if we are left with no other choice but to purchase our books at the book store...
- Aug 12, '12 by Katja508That's what I'm worried about! I always get my books from Amazon or similar. If we're only given a week to get them, we'll have to pay up!
I called the Continuing Education department on Friday but of course they were gone for the day. When they called back today, they said that I was officially signed up for the Daytime orientation! Great! Except I'm in the Evening Cohort! Ugh. So I had to call back and leave a message and who knows if they'll get it before Monday's orientation and if it will mess everything up!
I'm dreading telling my boss about the Skills Lab! I cannot believe they sprung this on us 2 weeks before classes start and AFTER we registered and finagled our schedules to work.
I'm beyond frustrated and I feel like I've been saying that for months now!!
- Aug 12, '12 by maane1005From what I have been told, this is just the beginning of everything. As disorganized as everything is right now, I am just so glad and thankful I am in this position to start the nursing program. However, it would definitely have been nice if everything was set and finalized prior or a few days after we registered for classes and clinicals. That way, everyone's needs and schedule could be accommodated.
- Aug 12, '12 by Endless_STiI tried emailing them to see if I can switch my lab skills hours, but no reply back yet. It appears that I will have to switch my AP2 to a night course though; otherwise, it would conflict with my lab schedule. Sigh...
- Aug 12, '12 by -RickDespite not getting all information sooner I am very excited to begin!!!
- Aug 12, '12 by kmccoyBooks???
- Aug 13, '12 by lungu2007You need to email the lab skills teacher in order to change the class schedule. I did that and I got an email back stating that they will try to accomodate my schedule...I was told that I will get a confirmation next week...
- Aug 13, '12 by Endless_STiThank you Lungu2007. I have emailed one of the instructors last Friday, but I will email both instructors this time to be sure.
- Aug 13, '12 by Anna2012Do you think our professor would know what books we are using? At least to cover us for the first few weeks. I can't believe they don't have it finalized yet!
- Aug 13, '12 by g.melAlthough the book list has not been finalized. All the books required for 1st year students are available at becks near truman.