Accepted into CCC Nursing Program: Truman College - Page 26Register Today!
- Jul 16, '12 by kmccoyNever mind, just got the email. How are we suppose to work during any of this. I can't be asking off all the time or leaving early.
- Jul 16, '12 by violet.78So, the first day of orientation will be at Malcolm X College?
- Jul 16, '12 by Katja508I think if you are in the day cohort then you have daytime orientation. I'm in the evening cohort and the orientation for me is in the afternoon/evening. I'm going to have to come home early from my vacation AND take off work to make it all four days!!
I'm also waiting until orientation to get my books. I've been hearing so many different things that I want to be sure I'm not wasting money!
- Jul 16, '12 by Anna2012Just got switched to evening hours, so I received the evening orientation schedule. Wow, I cannot leave early from work for all those days! How are we supposed to make it to this??
- Jul 16, '12 by nursinghereicome2012Registration is during finals, what are they thinking?????
- Jul 16, '12 by JK1138Yeah, this is a little ridiculous. Less then 1 month from the 1st date (I assumed there'd only be 1, it was never hinted at being multiple) we get notice?
I'm on evenings too. I wrote saying I wasn't 100% sure what I could do because of work and that I didn't know if I could get there due to having to leave work 1.5 hours early 3 days a week. I also asked if I could show late or what would happen in that case.
All I'd say is write an email stating similar circumstances. Maybe if enough people (on nights) can't make it or have to show late or have issues with it due to jobs, then they'll knock it back an hour or so? I doubt it, but how else will they know that their students (those paying for this program) are having issues?
- Jul 16, '12 by lungu2007So there will be no orientation tuesday? This is terrible...why we need 12 hrs for orientation???? And why at Malcolm x...that is way toooo far from where I live....
- Jul 16, '12 by kmccoyGuess Tuesday is just to get registered for class. I would rather have one long day of orientation than four, 3 hour days.Last edit by kmccoy on Jul 16, '12 : Reason: Spelling
- Jul 16, '12 by AidansmomLast year it was one morning of orientation at Malcolm X and then registration at Truman the next day. That was it! What is with this excessive orientation!! This "evening" program is turning out to be more of an afternoon program!
- Jul 17, '12 by lungu2007So are we still going to Truman next week tuesday??? I'm confused lol