Working the free clinic in Chicago August (CURE network & Remote Area Medical)?Register Today!
- by DolceVita Aug 5, '11If you are working at this clinic do you want to meet up down there? I am coming from wayyyyyy out of town.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=601143©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,178 Views
- I am not working the clinic, but PLEASE tell me how it goes! I volunteered with RAM a couple of years ago when I only had my EMT license, so I did not get to do any patient care. The experience was AMAZING! I just graduated in May and passed NCLEX in July, and have no job possibilities, which means no money, and no way to travel to volunteer for RAM. If I were rich I would volunteer for every trip with them here and overseas-it's such a wonderful organization! I hope you are able to provide much needed help and enjoy doing it. Please let me know how it goes
- Aug 5, '11 by DolceVitaI'll let you know. I am considering micro donations to cover my costs because Chicago crazy expensive. I think this trip will cost me $900.00.
I love RAM and I have been waiting to have my RN license so I can do stuff with them too! LOL
PM me your details if you like and we can keep in touch. Maybe next time we can share hotel costs and stuff!
- I'd love to PM you, but I don't know how to do it. I just registered about 10 minutes before I responded to your post...LOL...I couldn't wait to get get my RN to do more with them too, and now that I have it, I'm extremely broke, working for minimum wage at the mall, and frustrated! I know God will put me where I'm supposed to be, and I keep reminding myself of this. However, I am TOTALLY bummed that I couldn't volunteer for Chicago because it is only 4 hours or so from me. Any way you can PM me and I will send you my info?
- Aug 5, '11 by DolceVita@Snowboardjunkie -- I just sent you my contact details. You can send me an email.
I think you cannot PM until you have made a few posts here (or something like that).
- Great! Thank you, I have received your info and sent you mine!
- Aug 6, '11 by senseiRNPlease come back and tell us about your experience! I would definitely love to hear it!
- Aug 7, '11 by DolceVitaWill do!
- Aug 10, '11 by lisa0615live 20 minutes from Chicago..this is my first time hearing about such a opportunity. Can someone tell me if I would be able to volunteer as a RN? I registered online already as a general volunteer because I haven't received my license yet. (passed the Nclex on 7/28). Any info would be great!!!!
- Aug 10, '11 by snowboardjunkkieQuote from lisa0615Hey! Congratulations on passing NCLEX. You won't be able to work as an RN until you are licensed. I think it would still be a great opportunity if you volunteer as a general volunteer-That is what I did when I worked one of their events in Kentucky. You will meet amazing healthcare professionals and get a taste for what it is like. It was one of the best experiences of my life, and you can always volunteer next time as an RN once you get your license. I was issued a license number the day after I passed NCLEX-Anyway you can look yourself up on your board? I took my niece and nephew with me and we were in charge of keeping everyone in order to be seen. It is a first come, first serve deal, so we just directed them to the area they attended the event for. Good luck! Let me know if I can help with anything else.live 20 minutes from Chicago..this is my first time hearing about such a opportunity. Can someone tell me if I would be able to volunteer as a RN? I registered online already as a general volunteer because I haven't received my license yet. (passed the Nclex on 7/28). Any info would be great!!!!