UWF, PSC, Northwest Florida applicants?Register Today!
- by pcolastudent Mar 4Just wondering if there is anyone else active here who has applied to the University of West Florida BSN program, or Pensacola State's RN program...looking to connect with people who are familiar with the process and is working towards or waiting on acceptance!
- Mar 13 by SbreeloI applied at both. Pensacola state has a start date of aug this year (13) but haven't received my official letter yet. Uwf only accepts 40/yr so my hopes are not very high with them since I have no volunteer time or awards. I've been mothering and working my whole life and uwf seems to accept younger students with lots of extras! Where are you at in the process?
- Mar 14 by pcolastudentI just reached candidate status a month ago at PSC and haven't confirmed a start date but assume it would be Summer or Fall '14. I applied to UWF...they are accepting 50 this year, and I wouldn't let the lack of volunteering or awards get you down, highest points in the selection process are placed on pre-req GPA and score on TEAS. I have talked to several of the seniors currently in the program and there is a good mix of both younger, straight through from high school students, but also those who are seeking nursing as a second career later in life. I definitely wouldn't count yourself out! I do know that a 3.4 GPA is recommended for best chances of getting in.
- Mar 17 by EverlineI'm starting the PSC nursing program in May. I did not apply to UWF, but probably will for RN—BSN.
- Apr 30 by pcolastudentI don't know why this post got moved by the admins- I wanted to let you know that there is a separate thread here: http://allnurses.com/florida-state-n...sn-823176.html