UIC GEP 2011 Cohort - page 5
by tulip19 36,175 Views | 142 Comments
Has anyone heard if you've gotten an interview yet? Starting to get anxious!!... Read More
- 0Apr 2, '10 by JennacohI was considering on applying to the family health NP program... if you don't mind me asking, what was all of your experience/gre/gpa when applying to the program?
i think it's a reach for me, but i'll being applying at the end of the summer.
thanks and congrats to all of you!
- 0Apr 7, '10 by CatManCatManI had my interview and it was awful because I was really nervous; I felt like I was rambling. I think I gave the impression I'd be a really bad nurse as I couldn't even handle an interview without turning red. Does anybody have a sense of how important the interviews are?
I was also told that we'd find out in 6 weeks, yet the website says notices will be sent between 4/20 and 4/30. Did anybody hear any thing corroborating either time frames?
Good luck to everybody.
- 0Apr 7, '10 by MT56CatManCatMan,
Which specialty did you apply to?
For PNP, I know that there were originally 46 applicants, and they offered interviews to 23. They are only accepting 4 students, so the interviews are crucial!
So sorry to hear it didn't go well! Mine wasn't all that great either. Not horrible, but not awesome. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I don't know anything about the time frame.
- 0Apr 7, '10 by CatManCatManHi MT56,
As everybody has been telling me, I'm sure you did better than you think.
I applied to adult/geri and I got an email saying they had 27 applicants for 7 to 8 spots, and they were doing interviews of 3 to 4 people between 9 and 12 (on monday), so that's 11 or 12 people interviewed for 7 to 8 spots... However, in the interview, a professor said that there were actually either 60 for 18 spots.
I hope you're not in agony waiting. Again, best of luck.
- 0Apr 7, '10 by tulip19I applied to PNP and feel like my interview was awful too. Even though the interviewers were SO nice, I felt like I just couldn't get it together to come up with good answers because I was SO NERVOUS!!! My friends/family said the same thing, though, so hopefully they are right...hopefully we all did better than we think!?! Good luck to all
- 0Apr 8, '10 by NursemidwifehopefulMy interviewer for nurse-midwifery was very nice as well....
Does anyone else feel like they only said 10 percent of what they really wanted to tell the interviewer? I am glad to hear that this has been difficult for all of us
To CatMan: I was told that we would hear back in the beginning of May, so maybe this means about 4 weeks?
Good luck to anyone who has not interviewed yet!
- 0Apr 8, '10 by Jeannie25Hi, I interviewed for the adult/geri NP. It was less scary than I thought it would be but I also felt like I could have said more. My interviewers said that they were accepting between 7 to 8 applicants for this program; and that we should hear between 04/20-04/28. Good luck everyone!Last edit by Jeannie25 on Apr 8, '10 : Reason: typing error
- 0Apr 8, '10 by chirunMy interviewer was extremely nice as well! Hopefully that's a good sign? I thought my interview went well but I do realize that it's a very competitive program, I was told that they only accept 4-5 for WHNP. Also, my interviewer said they are going to go through all of the applications for WHNP/nurse midwifery next Wed and make final decisions...but then the decisions have to go through the Graduate College and get approved so that could take a few weeks. I guess these next few weeks will be a lesson in patience....good luck to everyone