UIC Fall 2010 BSN Admittance!!??Register Today!
- by UICBSN2012 Apr 2, '10Just wanted to start a UIC thread here since the acceptance/denial letters will be going out soon. I expect to get the decision by April 15.
- Apr 7, '10 by littytennyI so nervous.I taught one is suppose to receive an email before they mail the acceptance and denial letters.
- Apr 7, '10 by icechickGood luck to all of you! I remember how I felt this time last yr waiting to hear from UIC. You should get an email before you get an actual letter & to those of you who are told that you are being put on the waiting list...don't give up hope! I was waitlisted & had all but given up hope & then a week before classes started I got a phone call from UIC. Now I am less than a month away from completing my first yr at the UIC CON (& even made the Dean's List)!! It is an awesome program & hopefully I will see some of you around in the fall!
- Apr 7, '10 by littytennythanks icechick but pls can u post ur statistics like ur prerequisites gpa,overall gpa,experience etc?
- Apr 8, '10 by sallberAhhh...yess. I too remember those days of being sooo nervous and excited at the same time about being admitted to UIC. What a competetive, challenging, yet wonderful these two years have been! I'm looking forward to graduating in another month!
Good luck to those of you applying and still waiting on admissions letters.
- Apr 9, '10 by icechickTo answer your question littytenny, I would have to say that most of the students in my class had very high GPA's so expect to be competitive in that area. Mine was a 3.8. You need to have good grades that is a given! What they look at more is your experience & your essay questions. Good references also helps. I personally did not have so much recent experience. I volunteered in a nursing home for 4 years, but that was 14 yrs ago. I have a lot of life experience & a few kids & I think that helped me. It is definitely helping me in clinicals. Again, I was not one of their first choices right off the bat, but I made it in & I hope I am proving to them that I do deserve to be here! Hope that helps. Good luck!
- Apr 9, '10 by littytennythanks icechick for the info
- Apr 13, '10 by littytennydid anyone receive an email today that stated that if one is accepted to the program,there will be an orientation on may 1 n that we should keep that date as a tentative event due to the fact that there is short window between when letters are mailed and the orientation
- Apr 13, '10 by ServingshotsQuote from littytennydid anyone receive an email today that stated that if one is accepted to the program,there will be an orientation on may 1 n that we should keep that date as a tentative event due to the fact that there is short window between when letters are mailed and the orientation
No, Did you?
- Apr 13, '10 by littytennyYes i did though i applied to the urbana campus.what campus did you apply to? because i am assuming that the mail was sent to peoplethat applied to the urbana campusThe mail was sent buy varnice at Urbana Campus.Are they sending emails out on april 15th?