Truman College? (chicago)Register Today!
- by studiousme May 17, '12Hey- so because of a clerical error on the part of Truman (they lost my highschool transcript), and never called me about my "missing" English 101 (I took AP in highschool and tested out for college- graduated with a degree said subject).
I've taken all of my pre-reqs (except for Micro), and got As & Bs (except for 1 C), and I've taken Med Term, and I did really well on the TEAS test.
I now have to call the AP company to have them send my score, and after that, make an appointment to plead my case. But it's been such a bumble the whole time with Truman- with them changing their entrance criteria, to them losing my information, to them not contacting me about not having English 101...
I'm starting to wonder about Truman. Anybody have any thoughts or opinions?
- May 17, '12 by Miss MollyI have been taking my pre-reqs at Truman for the last two years and, aside from my Micro teacher (who was awesome), it has been a horrible experience. Dealing with the administration was the worst part of it. My best advice, if you are going to attend Truman, is to always expect them to lose your stuff, always expect the staff to treat you like garbage, and always expect that a trip to their registrar's office will take longer than a trip to the DMV. I hate to be so harsh, but expecting the worst from them will save you a lot of headaches along the way.
- May 17, '12 by RickyLatino87I've taken some of my pre reqs for nursing and have to admit that their administration is the worst!! Lazy, incompetent and overall no help at all!! Some of the instructors I had were awesome (Driver and Kogan) but others were TERRIBLE! Stay away from Siddiqi if you are actually interested in learning A&P, if you want an easy A, take him, but you will learn nothing. I'm sorry, he is a sweet man but that sweet man should NOT be teaching.
Registration is a huge headache, as I assume it is with all the city colleges. You have to be literally on them if you want something done. Be stern and persistent if you need help and want an answer.
I got into their nursing program but decided to go elsewhere. Overall, not a great experience at Truman but you get what you pay for and it's okay for fulfilling pre-reqs and the like.
- May 18, '12 by shannag1881I'm pleading the 5th on the admin, but I will tell you that the instructors in the program are great. As much as a PITA it might be to fight to get in, I think it's a worthy battle.
- May 21, '12 by PrayToTheUnicornHave you read the thread about Truman and CCC of people waiting to hear if they got in? I was merely a spectator, but it sounded like a horror show, to put it mildly. It seems VERY disorganized. I took pre-req classes at CCC schools for two years and I enjoyed them, but even some of those were a joke.