Are there any Illinois hospitals I should avoid? - Page 4Register Today!
- Jun 12, '07 by chewydQuote from dnw826I DIS AGREE COMPLETELY.SARAH BUSH LINCOLN IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK-THEY ARE REALLY WORKING ON LESSONING THE RN LOAD.TRUE THEY HAVE HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH DOCTORS-I HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED HERE FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND HAVE SEEN IT GO THRU MANY CHANGES-ALL FOR THE BETTER.So I know this is probably way out of the area you are looking at, but Sarah Bush Lincoln in Mattoon is horrible. I would avoid it like the plague. Too many reasons to state, but I can if you want.
- Jun 12, '07 by chewydPlease Quote Some Of The Reasons I Am Curious To Kow What You Think-honest
- Jun 12, '07 by Paris NurseWhat about Carle Hospital in Urbana--I interviewed for the internal agency pool. How is it working there? How often do you get called off from a shift?
- Jun 12, '07 by KerenRNI worked at Carle for 15 months.... it was my first postion after graduating and really liked it. However that has been 4-5 years and i know they have made many changes since then. I am still in touch with a former co-worker and she still likes it. I'm not really sure about how often they would call you off though...
- Jun 13, '07 by dnw826Quote from FLEX NURSE24Sorry, I am not on here much!I DIS AGREE COMPLETELY.SARAH BUSH LINCOLN IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK-THEY ARE REALLY WORKING ON LESSONING THE RN LOAD.TRUE THEY HAVE HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH DOCTORS-I HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED HERE FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND HAVE SEEN IT GO THRU MANY CHANGES-ALL FOR THE BETTER.
That's great that they are lessening the RN load. But what about for the techs? I know that things have changed a lot on the floor I worked on right after I left, but haven't been back to ask many questions. You can't really come away from a job feeling really good when the administration is thoroughly hated by everyone and you have 15+ patients at a time, many hospice and full care. Especially when you do everything but meds.
I believe at least the phlebotomy is now done by the lab, right? That surely would be a big relief for many overworked staff members.
I only ever had trouble with one doctor, but that was the nurse's job, not mine, and it was nothing big. There are certainly some doctors (anywhere, for that matter) that I would never let take care of me, but the biggest problem was the administration.
There were some great admin. nurses, and some whose sole purpose in life seemed to be to make our work a nightmare. And when the entire community jokes that you can't expect to come back from the Bush in one piece, then you know something is wrong with it...
- Jun 13, '07 by dnw826Quote from Paris NurseI loved Carle. Note, it has been about 3 years since I was there last. But the workers by and large loved the hospital and they have great benefits. Things might have changed, but all in all, I believe it's a great place to work.What about Carle Hospital in Urbana--I interviewed for the internal agency pool. How is it working there? How often do you get called off from a shift?
- Jun 9, '12 by monieebolognieeHas anyone heard anything about Vista Medical Center East? I will be interviewing there next week and have not really heard of them before.