Are there any Illinois hospitals I should avoid? - page 3
by raindrop 14,300 Views | 37 Comments
Please PM me if you don't feel comfy posting. I am mainly looking in the Chicago area, and possibly Central Illinois. I'm PO'd at NWMH. I had an interview with them that which I thought was WONDERFUL. After the interview the... Read More
- 0Sep 14, '06 by JentheRN05I have been contacted repeatedly contacted by Provena out of Danville, anyone tell me anything about this facility. I am currently working, and I do NOT plan on giving up my current job. I just want something that I can work at a couple of days a week and no more. I really don't want to do bedside nursing, but feel I don't have an option. Anyway - please please be very candid with me about Provena, I have had nothing but bad luck with jobs lately and don't want to go into something that is not worth my time and I will be miserable at.
- 0Sep 15, '06 by linda8532stay away from community hospital of ottawa, illinois valley community hospital and st mary's hospital in streator. These are very small hospitals and they will promise you the world then when you start work, you work a few days and then get "on calls" for 2 bucks an hour. Very clicky too. Manager at one which I won't mention is awful to work for, has that whiny, run your fingers across a chalkboard sound.
- 0Sep 16, '06 by SillyLillyQuote from chellebelleHey JRA-
I'm starting at U of C this summer, too! I'm going to cardiac telemetry. I chose UofC over Rush and Loyola because of the full tuition reimbursement and the request days off. When are you taking boards? I'm not starting until July 24 because I was told I couldn't begin until they had my unofficial results. Have you graduated already? Thanks!
How is the telemetry at Uof C???
I may start in telemetry but at a different hospital, and Id like to know how your experience is!
*or ANYONES experience!*
- 0Jan 30, '07 by TracyB,RNAlso can't stand Provena (Joliet). Wouldn't take my hamster there. EEWWW.
Silver Cross wasn't bad, but the pay is not so great & the tuition reimbursement is CRAP!
Loyola... the typical stereotype of nurses eating their young.Last edit by TracyB,RN on Jan 30, '07 : Reason: typo
- 0May 9, '07 by sunflrz321Hi there,
I too had a bad experience with the NWMH HR. They told me they had forwarded my resume to the nurse recruiter and would be contacting me to set up an interview in the next week. When a week went by and they hadn't called me, I called them, only to find out that they had taken another look at their staffing and decided that they didn't need to hire any more people, when they thought they had several positions open.
Its nice to know I'm in the same boat as so many others though.
- 0May 15, '07 by MrChicagoRNChrist Hospital is part of the Advocate System.
I worked for Rush for over 16 years, till my position was eliminated in a restructuring. Disappointing, but thas stuff happens, and they did treat me well. www.rush.edu
Today I accepted a position at Advocate. http://www.advocatehealth.com/
and was also considering Alexian Brothers http://www.alexian.org/
All are top notch institutions