new nclex-rn passer: LICENSERegister Today!
- by kelle Sep 15, '10Hi! Do any of you guys know how long will it take for me to receive my license number? I passed the test last week, Thursday to be exact. I just need it ASAP for my job. Any response would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!
- Sep 16, '10 by beavetronI just passed in July, and it took me about 3 weeks to get a paper stating that i had to send in $50 to IDFPR to get my license number... then about 2 weeks after that my number was available online, and it took about another 3 days to get my license in the mail.
Congratulations on passing!!!
- Sep 16, '10 by kelleThank you! But what? Thats more than 1 month!!! I have a job offer to a hospital that I really want to work with... They said that they can only hold the position for me for 2 weeks... that makes me sad
- Sep 16, '10 by beavetronoh yikes!! well that's just what it took for me and i lived in Ohio, so maybe it won't take quite as long. That, and maybe you could call and explain to someone at IDFPR your situation and they can expedite putting you on the registry somehow?
- Sep 17, '10 by kelleis it exactly 3 weeks or within the 3rd week or 3 weeks and few days? Sorry Im goin nuts. Thank you!
- Sep 17, '10 by beavetronhahah gosh, i dont remember. i looked at a calendar and i know i had everything in hand 4-1/2 weeks after i took the test
- Sep 27, '10 by NurseyTHi Kelle
I'm an RN in Australia hoping to come over and work in IL, can you tell me how long the NCLEX preparation took you and any tips you have on studying for it. I've had a glance at a couple of online examples and it looks difficult
- Sep 27, '10 by ChicagoRN2010After I sent my $50, it only took a week for my license to be posted. I sent my money in 9/17/10 and by the next Friday 9/24/10 my license was issued and my name & license # was on the website
- Sep 28, '10 by beavetroni definitely would recommend nclex practice books... the more questions you do, the better prepared you are. the nclex is the same for the entire continental US.
these 2 books got me through:
Amazon.com: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN- Examination, 4 eBook: Linda Silvestri: Kindle Store
^that one has outlines of the different systems in it as well as questions with answers and rationales
Amazon.com: Lippincotts Review for Nclex-Rn) (9781582554709): Diane M. Billings: Books
^ that one is just questions with answers and rationales, but it's slightly more challenging (which is good practice, because the NCLEX isn't easy)
i did both of them front to back throughout the course of nursing school! they also both come with practice disks so you can do the questions on the computer, which is nice.
i hope this helps! good luck
- Oct 13, '10 by ChattylillRNQuote from kelleJust wanted to send my congrats to you! I am in Virginia and I received my license in about 1 week.Hi! Do any of you guys know how long will it take for me to receive my license number? I passed the test last week, Thursday to be exact. I just need it ASAP for my job. Any response would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!