New grad To Dekalb, IL--Info wantedRegister Today!
- by Jlucas Dec 1, '04What are various hospitals close to Dekalb and what are pay rates. Anyone know of any bonuses?
- Dec 1, '04 by akcarmeanSorry cant help I live in Jacksonville Il. but wanted to welcome you to our site. It's a great place to be
- Dec 1, '04 by JolieQuote from JlucasWhat are various hospitals close to Dekalb and what are pay rates. Anyone know of any bonuses?
Congratulations on your graduation!
I went to NIU in DeKalb, and because of the lack of hospitals in the immediate area, we did most of our clinicals in Rockford (about 45 minutes to the west), or the far western Chicago suburbs (about 45 minutes to the east).
Kishwaukee Community Hospital in DeKalb is a small community hospital. I believe there is also a hospital in Sycamore, just north of DeKalb. Other than those 2 facilities, I would recommend checking into Rockford (Swedish American Hospital and Rockford Memorial Hospital), or one of the far west suburbs, such as Elgin (Sherman and St Joe's Hospitals), Geneva (Delnor Community Hospital), Naperville (Edward's Hospital), Aurora (Rush-Copley Medical Center and Mercy Hospital), or Winfield (Central DuPage Hospital). Most of these areas are easily accessible by the East-West Tollway from DeKalb.
- Dec 23, '04 by ceculiaI went to NIU as well and the closest would be kish and the two in rockford. Jolie when did you graduate? I graduated in Dec 2001.
- Dec 30, '04 by JolieQuote from ceculiaI graduated in the dark ages, back in 1986, before the School of Nursing even had its own building. I wasn't terribly fond of DeKalb, and haven't been back since, even though I live less than an hour away. I know the School of Nursing and the university have changed quite a bit since then. Maybe I should visit!I went to NIU as well and the closest would be kish and the two in rockford. Jolie when did you graduate? I graduated in Dec 2001.
- Jan 28, '05 by Pam RNHi, I'm origianlly from Rockford and there are three hospitals- two that were mentioned: Rockford Memorial and Swedish-American but there is one more, St. Anthony Medical Center. They have an excellent Neuro/Trauma and Cardiac programs. Rockford is 45 minutes north of DeKalb with a population of over 150,000 plus the surrounding areas. Others have mentioned the other hospitals in Dekalb and Sycamore and others in the immediate areas. Dekalb has certainly grown in the last 10-15 years and is expected to take on growth as Naperville did in the recent past, but perhaps not a large.