Moving to Peoria ILRegister Today!
- by Jb101 Aug 10, '12I will be relocating to Peoria Il for a job. I was wondering if anyone here might have any advice or suggestions on where to live (this will be my first place on my own)? I am looking to rent a place in a good, safe, and mostly quiet area and am looking to pay probably no more than $800 a month. I need a place asap so I need a place without waiting lists currently.
Does anyone have any apartment names or other places you recommend to look into?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=769961©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 788 Views
- Aug 11, '12 by k_girl153There are a lot of new apt complexes towards the Dunlap area. I would look towards that part of the city. Low crime rates and is a little more of an affluent area. Good luck!
- Aug 11, '12 by traumaRUsYes - Dunlap is the best. If you are planning to work downtown at one of the two big hospitals: OSF or Methodist, it is a straight shot down Knoxville (when construction season is done that is - lol). Areas near these two hospitals are bad, don't live close to the hospitals. Other options include moving out aways towards Washington, IL (very nice area, some apartment living but mostly single family homes).
If you choose to stay closer, definitely move north (towards Dunlap) and look north of Rte 6...good luck. I live in Mapleton (about 15 miles south of Peoria) and work in multiple locations so if I can help PM me.
- Aug 11, '12 by Jb101Do either of you know some specific apartment complex names to look at? I found prairie lake and timberlane on a search but they have a very long wait list. I didn't know what others are good or if there were any that might not be found doing an Internet search? I plan to visit Peoria this coming week but was hoping to have a few complexes in mind to look at before I get there. Thanks for your suggestions. The Dunlap area definitely seemed the best area the one time I was there I didn't really check out places to live though since I didn't want to get my hopes up about a Job and them not get it.
- Aug 11, '12 by traumaRUsHere are some:
Brighton Woods Apartments - (309) 691-8108
Dunlap, IL 61525
Knoxville Pointe Pml LLC
- (309) 243-2255
1700 W Hickory Grove Rd, Dunlap, IL 61525
These are both in nice areas in the far north Peoria/Dunlap area. Hope this helps. I do not know about prices...
- Aug 11, '12 by Jb101Quote from traumaRUsThanks I will definitely check them out.Here are some:Brighton Woods Apartments - (309) 691-8108
Dunlap, IL 61525Knoxville Pointe Pml LLC
- (309) 243-2255