JJC Spring 2011?
- 0I posted a while ago in the Illinois section. No reply so I thought I'd see if it was just because its just not an active area or if there is no one on here from JJC. So anyway, anyone put in their application during the Aug 1st-15th open application? I applied for the night program and am currently waiting for an email saying they have accepted my application and when the TEAS test dates are.
I'd love to meet some other JJC students. If we get into the program we can set up study groups. By the way I've been through the first semester (long story, don't want to repeat what I've already posted here). I can share my experience.
If no one applies I'll assume the new applicants haven't found this great site yet
- 0Aug 22, '10 by chicagoingGood luck to you! I had thought about applying to JJC, but realize that I probably wouldn't have a good shot at acceptance since I am not a resident. I had a fleeting thought of taking up residence with my brother and his family for a couple of years, but that would not be realistic.
I didn't realize there was a night program! (A definite plus, if you ask me).
- 0Aug 24, '10 by ChervRNQuote from TleeloveI agree!!! I was just telling someone that~~I wish we knew when the test was so I could really focus. for Math especially. I can't really start practicing math until like a week beforehand, so I don't forget everything!! Science, well, I've just been reading and reading. I took a pretest and found out Im not all that ready for the science section. ugh.I work better when I know what my time line looks like.
Microbiology is all I have left for my pre reqs...and I start that today. oh joy. And yeah, this is my first time applying. I suppose it is unrealistic to think I would get in the first shot, but i really hope so. How about you?
- 0Aug 24, '10 by TleeloveI don't think its unrealistic to get in the first time. Like I said, this will be the second time around and the first time I did get in from my first try. I waited until I had everything to apply though, which it looks like you did too (you don't get any extra points for Micro anyway). I know some people try to get in with just a few classes done and get disappointed when they don't get it. Its a really competitive program.
I'm with you about math. I need to just do a week of refreshing before hand. I'm lost on science. I didn't do so well in science the last time I took it and that was the older version. I'm freaked about the opinion that the new one harder. I didn't study at all last time though so I'm hoping for an improvement
- 0Oct 3, '10 by b&g'smomI applied for Spring 2011 too!!! I'm nervously awaiting the November email. Unfortunately I do not have all of the prereqs done, I am currently in Micro and A&P II. I know this significantly decreases my odds of getting in, but I figured it couldn't hurt getting a little practice on the TEAS. How did everyone do on their TEAS test?