Illinois license timeframe?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Illinois license timeframe? in Illinois Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hey everyone, I have passed my NCLEX. Wooo! After I pay my 60$ licensing fee, how long until I...by lsid16 Jun 11, '12Hey everyone,
I have passed my NCLEX. Wooo! After I pay my 60$ licensing fee, how long until I get my
official license in the mail from Illinois? I am moving out of state in a couple of weeks and
would like to know if I get my paper license sooner than later.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=740772©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,007 Views
- Jun 22, '12 by icu_rn_2012I took boards on June 6th and I am still waiting for my license. The state hasn't even cashed my check yet
- Jun 25, '12 by msjellybeanI think the state is going through a slow period right now. I passed my NCLEX on February 1st or 2nd, several years ago and my license was posted on the website as being issued on the 18th. They were fairly quick for all my classmates as well.
But now I'm requesting certification/verification for endorsement to Florida & I mailed my request and my money on Memorial Day and they've still yet to cash my check or send anything to the FL BON.
To the OP: Illinois is goofy and doesn't officially recognize the paper license as your license. It recognizes being listed on the ILDPR website as proof of licensure.
- Jun 28, '12 by adnrnstudentFriend of mine appeared on IDFPR website 25 days after taking NCLEX. 22 days after mailing $50 with letter.
- Jun 30, '12 by ReNReNRNI called the IL BON on the 22nd (of June/2012) and the lady I spoke to said that they had started processing applications for IL licensure that had been received on the 15th at the beginning of the week. Who knows how long it's really going to take. I've heard 2-3 weeks, I've heard 4+. It seems that all the new grads with freshly passed NCLEX are going to be waiting a while. A friend of mine that graduated last year said that she had to wait a little more than a month to appear on the IDFPR site, and that she got her paper license about 5 days after she was on the site. Fingers crossed that Illinois gets cracking on processing these applications!
- Oct 9, '12 by Futurenurse108Hello msjellybean, if you don't mind me asking....how long did it take for your endorsement/verification from Illinois to Florida? I sent everything in. Michigan has me posted on their BON website but when I called they said they were just waiting for verification from Illinois . So irritated right now. I sat for nclex September 5th...appeared on the IBON on the 24th. Didn't receive my official paper license until October 4th.
- Oct 9, '12 by msjellybeanQuote from Futurenurse108I started the IL -> FL process on Memorial Day and the official day of issue on my license is July 17th. But Illinois is notoriously slow on things like this.Hello msjellybean, if you don't mind me asking....how long did it take for your endorsement/verification from Illinois to Florida? I sent everything in. Michigan has me posted on their BON website but when I called they said they were just waiting for verification from Illinois . So irritated right now. I sat for nclex September 5th...appeared on the IBON on the 24th. Didn't receive my official paper license until October 4th.
- Oct 9, '12 by Futurenurse108That is horrible. I just spoke to someone like 5 minutes ago and she told me I'm looking at another 3 weeks! I just started crying! This is ridiculous that their process takes so long! I have been out of school since July 26 and here it is October 9 with a Illinois license but still w/o a job. This is so depressing!
Thank you for your response! I will just continue to be patient.
- Oct 9, '12 by nu rnHmmm.... for me last year, it was getting the ATT to sit for NCLEX that took me & most of my classmates so long, about 2 months. But once NCLEX was passed, it was only about a week to get the paper license after the fee was paid. Endorsement to another state I've always heard takes forever.
- Oct 9, '12 by ArtisticNurseOh great...I'm planning to endorse from IL to IN once I get my license. :/
Will we be able to apply and be accepted in jobs while waiting to be listed online / paper license?