City of Chicago College - Richard Daley Nursing Program 2013 Applicants - page 2
by mallen1507 4,536 Views | 22 Comments
Here's a thread started specifically for current, new admitted and prospective ADN nursing students for Daley!! I'm so excited to have been selected and I can't wait to started this Fall 2013. If anyone has any exciting news... Read More
- 0May 29, '13 by TNT365If I am correct I believe so. We do need the 2 step TB test. We also received two additional emails regarding registration and uniform fitting. For registration Tuesday July 9th 9-4pm, it is a lottery and they will be assigning the times to register. The uniform fitting is July 16th 9-6pm. Whatever time is convenient for you between those hours of 9-6pm, Cintas will be there.
- 0Jun 3, '13 by TNT365Yes we do need a 2 step TB test. Also, if you did not originally attend Daley College......Go to Daley and have them change your college and academic plan!!!! Then, if you are receiving Finanical Aid, go and talk to them to make sure everything is ok so you can register for classes on July 9th.
- 0Jun 21, '13 by rem1997Quote from TNT365Can you post it here or message it to me? I am trying to budget how much my books are going to cost. I was accepted at Malcolm X and we seem to be getting info much later than everyone else. I still haven't gotten the info on registration and uniform fitting yet. I looked in my blackboard but it isn't there...or my email is mylesmom06 at gmail dot comI received the Nursing Class of 2015 booklist via blackboard. Check it out!!!
Thanks for your help!
- 0Jun 22, '13 by TNT365Quote from rem1997Im not sure if the booklist is unified for CCC Nursing. You might want to call your school. The list is 8 pages. The cost for all books is over 1300.00 (even thought you might not need all the books). We still have to consult with our teachers about which books to purchase. But one book is for sure that we need is the Cravens Fundamentals Books of Nursing 7th edition and the study guides.Can you post it here or message it to me? I am trying to budget how much my books are going to cost. I was accepted at Malcolm X and we seem to be getting info much later than everyone else. I still haven't gotten the info on registration and uniform fitting yet. I looked in my blackboard but it isn't there...or my email is mylesmom06 at gmail dot com
Thanks for your help!
- 0Aug 2, '13 by Cadet0315Goto this link
City Colleges of Chicago Fall 2013 A.A.S. Degree in Nursing Program Application - Home Page
and you will find all the requirements for admission. It seems as if Daley had a little over 100 seats. Their are also programs at Malcolm X and Truman.
- 0Aug 2, '13 by teacher08Quote from mallen1507Any instructor?! Best wishes at Daley College.No problem. I can't wait to get started. I've heard good and bad things about the program but it doesn't matter to me. I'm a straight student and usually can tolerate any teacher who teaches. Have you completed your health requirements yet? In just about done. It was lot! I wonder how much the uniforms are. I already work in healthcare field. I hoping I could use my stethoscope and other medical equipment for the program instead of repurchasing everything....
- 1Aug 10, '13 by teacher08Yes. The financial aid representatives will tell you that you're unable to take out student loan. You can get a student loan, they will discourage you because they want you to use it for the Bachelor degree level. Try getting a WIA grant and applying to IDPH next year. This is my Daley College financial fiasco:
I took a medical terminology course at KK, during first semester of nursing program, and borrowed $10,500 (from KK) because I had NO funds for school. I had to borrow $500 just to register for Fundamentals.
Well, my $8000 WIA kicked in a few weeks later in addition to my IDPH scholarship. Daley wanted me to return the student loan refund. Met with at least eight financial aid and WIA representative and they talked and talked and talked in the event to discourage and intimidate me from receiving the refund. I kept saying, "At the end of this conversation, I expect a $10,500 refund." said it EVERY-TIME someone made a comment.Last edit by teacher08 on Aug 10, '13