Chi town still in hiring freeze?Register Today!
- by UpliftingRN Sep 7, '11Hello, I'm a 3yr experience OR nurse currently living in NYC. My boyfriend and I are planning on relocating to Chicago next year so I have been exploring the IL region nursing forum.... much to my dismay I see a lot of mention of a poor job market for new grads etc.... Is this the same situation for experienced nurses?? Are there still hiring freezes out there?? At this time I'm working in the number one hospital in the country for orthopedics with my 3 yrs OR experience I'm hoping the outlook will be a little brighter for me.... am I getting my hopes up in the face of hopelessness?? Any input appreciated
- Sep 8, '11 by rnsparkYou sound like you have good experience at a good facility. It is not nearly as difficult for nurses with experience to find a job as it is for new grads. Me and a few co-workers all wanted new jobs and we have 2 to 4 years experience in icu. We all had job offers within a month. I don't know how good the market is for OR but compared to new grads, it seems like they are fighting for very few positions.
- Sep 8, '11 by ChicagoICUNursei know for sure that children's memorial hospital and northwestern memorial hospital are looking for or nurses; especially with experience!
- Sep 8, '11 by UpliftingRNThanks so much ladies!!! Feel much better now
- Sep 11, '11 by MrChicagoRNIt shouldn't be an issue for you based on your experience.
Do you want to work OR or Ortho? Rush has the ortho program in the region.
- Sep 13, '11 by UpliftingRNGood to know!! Thank u mr chicago
- Sep 13, '11 by UpliftingRNGood to know!! Thank u mr Chicago
- Sep 13, '11 by rjosbornYou should be ok, just start applying early.
- Sep 17, '11 by flowerlillyRush University Medical Center hospital is hiring RN's. Often its about who you know to get into a good hospital. If you apply there, seriously contact me and I will recommend you. Any questions please feel free.
Good luck! You will LOVE the Chi!!
- Oct 4, '11 by lifein08[quote=flowerlilly;5640349]Rush University Medical Center hospital is hiring RN's. Often its about who you know to get into a good hospital. If you apply there, seriously contact me and I will recommend you. Any questions please feel free.
Good luck! Any help Thank you.Last edit by lifein08 on Apr 5, '12