Boise StateRegister Today!
- by IDalove Jan 13, '12The Idaho thread seems a little dead to me, but I will give it a shot.
I am currently a sophomore at BSU hoping to apply fall '12 for spring '13 entry.
Has anyone heard any more news about the conversion to the new system of application? The move from 100% GPA to 60% GPA 40% experience as well as essay.
How heavily are they going to rely on experience? I have extensive volunteer work (not in a hospital), but not work as a CNA I am trying to get some volunteer experience but no one is returning my calls or emails?
Also had a heart dropping chat with a girl who is starting this semester and was 8th on the waitlist (but still got in) with a 3.66 that was a real ego killer for me.
I still need to re-take stats (transfer issues joy), and I am taking Chem 101. IF and only IF I get an A in both Stats and Chem I will have a 3.56, I need some hope here seems like this process will drag on forever. A&P Grades are B and B+ (missed A- by 5 pts arggg)
I want this so badly, the waiting game is killing me.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=661575©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,539 Views
- Jan 13, '12 by DarkLotusHi. I too am considering applying to Boise State. I have a 4.0 in pre-reqs and am a CNA but not working. I have heard they will be changing admissions to including an essay, but I do not know when that will occur. Hopefully it will happen soon enough. Do you know if biological pathology has to be completed before starting the program or if it can be taken the first term? I know it is not used ot calculate pre-req gpa but I'm a bit confused as to when I will need to take it.
- Jan 14, '12 by IDaloveYour golden for admission with a 4.0 pre-reqs, Olga told me you can be quaranteed admission with 3.75 or higher GPA in A&P I, II, Math, and Chem (all completed prior to admission). Microbiology, and Pathophysiology need to be completed during or before the semester you apply, I am not sure if those are what you ment by biological pathology. They are converting to the new system this semester for fall entry applicants, I would suggest talking to Olga or a peer advisor to figure out a schedule.
- Jan 14, '12 by DarkLotusCool, thanks for the information! I am not sure if I am going to be applying this spring for next fall as I would be considered out of state for tuition so I will probably wait and apply this fall for next spring. I guess I will have to pay out of state tuition for pathophysiology, I was hoping I could wait till next January and start the program. I will be taking it online either way. I wish it was offered over the summer. This is what had me confused:
- Jan 15, '12 by IDaloveNo Problem! I really wish there was a summer entry class, I have to spend the entire fall semester doing nothing but core classes just waiting to apply. Do you already have an ADN? The only option to be completly online for a BSN is the RN-BSN track, unless you were just talking about pathophys. I would send Olga an email, if Pathophys is your online class left you can complete it during the program. I understand the out-of-state situation completely I am a transfer from Colorado (back home to ID) and out-of-state here is nothing compared to there.
Best of Luck!
- Jan 21, '12 by DarkLotusI am just talking about taking the pathophysiology online. I am hoping to take it when I start the program, or this fall if I don't get in till next winter.
I totally thought the application was going to be posted on the BSU website yesterday but it's still not up! I really want to know the prompt for the essay so I can start working on it. I'm not a good essay writer but I hope my grades can make up for that!
I'm moving to ID for the first time, I've lived in WA and CA but one is too rainy and the other too costly, lol.
Let me know when you see the app on line and give me a link please
- Feb 1, '12 by DarkLotusYay the application is finally up! But as a transfer I don't see how I can get all that done in one month! I think it's a bit biased towards BSU students and the information on what is required for transfers should be avaliable year round instead of having to wait for the application.
Also the 'essay' is more like multiple questions than an essay!
Good luck to everyone!
- Feb 9, '12 by DarkLotusJust incase anyoen else is wondering, I emailed for clarification about the 'essay'. The points awarded for the answers are worth 40% of the application! I was told there was a rubric but it is not online for students to see. I wonder if I can get my paper back graded when there done? I'm still waiting on my transfer credit report but since it is optional I will probably send my application in this weekend just to make sure it gets there in time! Best of luck to everyone applying.
- Apr 5, '12 by robyn_aI took pathophysiology online last summer through BSU. In my opinion, I got a lot out of the class and it was taught by a professor from the nursing department. I'm not sure how the in-class version is but I would recommend taking it online. Good luck!
- Apr 6, '12 by DarkLotusThanks robyn! Do you still have your textbook? I'm taking the online section this summer! And I'm either taking Spanish or French online too but I haven't decided which.... I'm signed up for Spanish right now but think I might change before the term starts. Are you in the BSN program at BSU?