BSU Fall 2012 Hopefuls - page 2
by DarkLotus | 3,805 Views | 24 Comments
Good luck to everyone who has gotten their application in by today! I am hoping I'm not the only BSU hopeful on all nurses:) If there are any current students when did you hear if you got in?... Read More
- 0May 7, '12 by IrishMamaDarkLotus, I don't want to get your hopes up, but my acceptance letter last fall didn't arrive until almost 10 days after they we mailed out. I called three times and they wouldn't give me any info over the phone. It magically appeared by the day they told me to call back if it didn't arrive. So, it was lost in the mail and they resent it. Good luck!
- 0May 7, '12 by robyn_aThanks, DarkLotus! As soon as I read the letter, I just wanted to run out and start getting supplies.. haha
I honestly thought I bombed the essay portion as well, especially since I have NO healthcare experience. I think that with your fantastic gpa and CNA experience you will get your acceptance letter any day Good luck!!!!
- 0May 8, '12 by DarkLotusSo today I called my mom to talk to her and she said I got something in the mail there yesterday. I used my parents address as my 'permenant' address on the application so my acceptance letter got sent there. Yay I'm officially a Bronco! I can't wait for her to send me the letter I should get it Thursday. What color are the uniforms I have ciel blue and burgundy from jobs I've had as a CNA, hopefully I can pinch a few pennies and not buy new scrubs. I am assuming I can use a lot of the same gear I allready have like the same stethoscope and sphyngmanometer. I just ordered the book for pathophysiology yesterday and am hoping I can keep working full time while taking it online this summer!
- 0May 9, '12 by IDalove2Yay Yay Yay!! Congrats to you both! I am sure I will be harassing you both about things when I start next spring!
From what I heard you can order scrubs anywhere, you just need to have them attach the logo at one of those 3 places. They will be sending out information packets, and orientation things I assume in the next month or so.
Pathophys I heard is not so tough, just a lot of material but who knows how that will pan out over the summer. Best of luck to the both of you, happy summer!
- 0May 9, '12 by DarkLotusQuote from robyn_aYay I have a ton of Ciel blue tops! I orderd from the clearance section of 123 scrubs and they were only 5 bucks each! I guess I'll have to be on the look out for some cheap navy blue pants! There might only be a few stores in Boise but the net is full of good deals!Yayyy!!! It's nice to "know" someone in the program As for uniforms...tops ciel blue and navy blue pants. In the student handbook it says that there are three places we can buy them from but I am hoping I can buy elsewhere to save money as well.
- 0May 11, '12 by DarkLotusI'm going to primary health sometime next week. They are one of the few places that do titers! And they take my insurance They will also do the TB and any immunizations you need. I think I have to go to my PCP to get they physical though just to make things confusing! Make sure to call and double check that your Dr's do titers since the family practice my kids and I prefer do not do them