Who would like a venting forum? - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 3, '11 by Purple_ScrubsI love the idea of a vent forum, but instead of banning anyone or only allowing seasoned nurses to reply (I consider myself spicy but not yet well seasoned ), maybe just have the mods remove any posts that are non-supportive of the vent.
- Mar 3, '11 by P B and JQuote from sevensonnetsI lurked here for a long time before I registered, and I know exactly what you guys are talking about... I have seen lots of vents where the OP was lambasted for not being perfect, don't blame you all a bit! But I would still be like to be able to read, and even give Kudos' where due, even if I couldn't comment... :heartbeatPB and J, ain't no sense in having it at all if we let 'em all in! The high schoolers, NS, trolls and ticked off patients are what we'd like to escape from. Topics I personally never want to hear again: older nurses are confused and take too long to chart, the nurse stinks/comes to work high/is mean to me, and Hi, I'm in the ninth grade and plan to become a nurse so please describe a typical day for a nurse. (Sorry too long a sentence) And yeah, I think it should be exclusively for RN's and LPN's, not CNA's or MA's who are NOT nurses.
- Mar 3, '11 by CrunchRNIt should be set up so that if you click on it then a pop up tells you that this is a venting forum for things we would never say in reality to blow off steam and that any posts that reply telling us we are terrible, jaded, blah blah blah will be removed.......
- Mar 6, '11 by NRSKarenRNour call is to be supportive not devisive of allnurses...including pre nursing students.
this idea has been considered several times. as moderator, we often see members who post seeking acceptance of their idea, to be shot down by majority of posters....leaving hurt feelings all around when op responds negatively to posts. time spent moderating highly charged vent threads can be extensive....including enforcing tos + repairing relationships with members.
tell students about our nursing student assistance form or send an alert to mod team to get thread moved.Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Mar 6, '11
- Mar 6, '11 by PierretteQuote from Ruby VeeI can seriously see this type of forum getting out of hand. Perhaps this is a joke?How many senior nurses would like to have a forum where they can vent without fear of being judged? Where anyone who posts judging those of us who are venting could be reported and banned from that particular thread or forum? Where "higher calling" is banned? Where the word "compassion" might be considered a dirty word if used to admonish nurses? Where personal attacks against nurses who have negative feelings about patients or visitors are not allowed?