Editors can be found in 2 locations.
- Quick Reply - found within same page as message; basically for short quick messages
- Standalone editor (own page) - used for long messages
Editor interface comes in 3 flavors
- Basic Editor - a simple text box
- Standard Editor with some basic formatting controls
- Enhanced Interface
- notice how the bold
text is not displayed? Although it's faster than the Enhanced Editor the Standard Editor does not display formatted text. Instead the Standard Editor will show the BB code in your message and be processed when it is displayed.
Our Enhanced Editor
is a full WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get)
editor. The enhanced WYSIWYG editor will show your message as it will be displayed while you are typing. In the image below, notice how the "Enhanced Editor" text is in bold
You can switch editor interface by visiting MyAccount / User Control Panel / Edit Options
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you find the Message Editor Interface section.
- Select your choice
TIP: If you are on a slow internet connection, I recommend the Standard Editor.
When posting messages you may wish to include some formatting such as bold text
, italic text
and underlined text
Formatting your post can be done in two ways:
- Using clickable controls similar to those found in most word processors
- Typing formatting commands in BB code
To use these, simply click the button, for example the B
(bold) button and then type to get bold text. Click the button again to stop using that formatting. You can also highlight text that you have already typed then click the formatting button to format existing text.
BB code is a special set of codes similar to HTML that can be used in posts to the board.