Posting MessagesRegister Today!
- by Joe V Apr 16, '09Editors can be found in 2 locations.
- Quick Reply - found within same page as message; basically for short quick messages
- Standalone editor (own page) - used for long messages
Editor interface comes in 3 flavors
- Basic Editor - a simple text box
- Standard Editor with some basic formatting controls
- Enhanced Interface
Standard Editor - notice how the bold text is not displayed? Although it's faster than the Enhanced Editor the Standard Editor does not display formatted text. Instead the Standard Editor will show the BB code in your message and be processed when it is displayed.
Our Enhanced Editor is a full WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor. The enhanced WYSIWYG editor will show your message as it will be displayed while you are typing. In the image below, notice how the "Enhanced Editor" text is in bold?
You can switch editor interface by visiting MyAccount / User Control Panel / Edit Options
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you find the Message Editor Interface section.
- Select your choice
TIP: If you are on a slow internet connection, I recommend the Standard Editor.
When posting messages you may wish to include some formatting such as bold text, italic text and underlined text.
Formatting your post can be done in two ways:
- Using clickable controls similar to those found in most word processors
- Typing formatting commands in BB code
To use these, simply click the button, for example the B (bold) button and then type to get bold text. Click the button again to stop using that formatting. You can also highlight text that you have already typed then click the formatting button to format existing text.
BB code is a special set of codes similar to HTML that can be used in posts to the board.Last edit by Joe V on Apr 24, '09
- Apr 24, '09 by ralp09thank you for the information
- Jul 2, '09 by beans_balehi!... im a new member here... i can't find how to new post message.. can anyone help me?...
- Jul 2, '09 by sirIQuote from beans_balehi!... im a new member here... i can't find how to new post message.. can anyone help me?...
Hello and welcome to allnurses.com
Good to have you with us.
Please review these Helpful Video Tutorials and Information Center & FAQ
Since posting here, it looks like you have started a new thread/post. So, keep up the good work. We hope you enjoy the site.Last edit by sirI on Jul 30, '09
- Jul 17, '09 by SuesquatchRNKewl. Although I'm so lazy I barely open the smilies.
- Jul 25, '09 by NurseJinnaThanks for the info!
- Jul 30, '09 by ginceasarDid you ever figure out how to post a message, I have not! I did post some way back when and can't figure out how to do it again, without replying to a thread??
- Jul 30, '09 by sirIPlease view the links above to help you as you navigate the site.
Here is a thread in the second link about how to create a thread: http://allnurses.com/frequently-aske...ew-233520.html
- Jul 30, '09 by Jennielex02Thank you for the info
- Aug 1, '09 by rebecca79hi, i'm a new member and have watched the video, but I'm still unclear on how to post a new question. Where on the website do I go to do that?