I need help with my HCR 210 (Ethics) class. We have been asked to interview an administrator or healthcare professional. This lesson is about HEC, hospital ethics committees. If any of you could take a few minutes to answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Here are the questions:
1. Does your hospital have an ethics committee? If there is an ethics committee, describe the members.
2. Are they all healthcare professionals within the hospital?
3. Are there any ethics experts or consumer members from the community?
4. Is there representation from risk management or chaplaincy on the committee? How are committee members chosen? Does the committee meet on a scheduled basis or on an as needed basis?
5. Does your hospital provide ethics education to medical and nursing staff?
6. How are ethical principles incorporated into hospital policy development? Whether your hospital has a formal ethics committee or whether they met JCAHO requirements in another way, what is the procedure to assist family or staff when ethical questions or concerns arise?
Thank you all so much for helping a nursing student out, I know you all can remember assignments like these!!!