Licensed Nurses Only - Page 3Register Today!
- May 26, '11 by Ruby Veei would love to have a forum or two that allows only licensed nurses. it would be nice to be able to vent without someone jumping in to tell us how heartless we are, and when they're through school they'll have so much more compassion, and perhaps we should all go find a different career because we're too mean to be nurses.
if all the students, wannabe students and information seekers would use a bit of common sense and not jump into a vent thread and bash someone over something they know nothing about, the forums would be a better place.
common sense, unfortunately, is not all that common anymore.
- May 26, '11 by RNCCRN9706I would love to have a forum or two that allows only licensed nurses. It would be nice to be able to vent without someone jumping in to tell us how heartless we are, and when they're through school they'll have so much more compassion, and perhaps we should all go find a different career because we're too mean to be nurses.
If all the students, wannabe students and information seekers would use a bit of common sense and not jump into a vent thread and bash someone over something they know nothing about, the forums would be a better place.
Common sense, unfortunately, is not all that common anymore.
- May 26, '11 by SpEdtacularNo matter what there will always be people who criticize vent posts or complain how difficult and unfair everything is. Plus, wasn't the founder of allnurses.com a student nurse when the website was founded?
- May 26, '11 by eriksolnhttp://allnurses.com/comments-and-su...ot-395094.html
My experience with this subject was: Started the above thread. Seemed to have a lot of people on my side about it too. Some people chimed in about it being "a free world" and some about "getting different perspectives" but as a whole, I felt like a lot of people agreed with me.
If you read through the entire thread...............I'm chugging along, arguing this/that point and all of a sudden..........I stopped. I even redirected a bit in the thread. Reason being was that I had been talking to someone who frequents this site who was, at the time, not a nurse (or, as you call it, a wanna-be-nurse). I liked the person and, well, after a few exchanges, I reversed my opinion/stance on the whole matter.
What the person I was talking to (via PMs) convinced me of, probably without knowing, was that in order to be "nurses only" we would be throwing out the good non-nurses with the bad ones. Like the saying goes, "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water." I came to this conclusion because, well, keeping the non-nurses around that I enjoy talking to was more important that being rid of the obnoxious ones.
Hows the other saying go? "Can't have your cake and eat it too." I see a lot of things that make me wonder if some sort of screening wouldn't improve a lot of things around here (notice the influx of accounts who come in, post once or twice, start a very big debate, then leave). But, to be free of them would also mean not hearing from the non-nurses I do enjoy hearing from...................soooooo, I'd vote "No" to restricting access.
- May 26, '11 by TheCommuterI became a member of this site in early 2005, back when I was a student in an LVN program in California. These forums have been informative during several career transitions over the years: former factory worker and LVN student (2005), new grad LVN (2006), RN student (2009), new grad RN (2010), and so forth. Without the great advice and information on this website, I think I might be in a very different place today.
It would have been a shame to have been barred from these forums as a student. I think everyone can take something valuable from this site.
- May 26, '11 by canigraduateIt would make me sad to have to leave. There are a lot of students who, like me, had zero experience of what it meant to be a nurse. I have never been hospitalized and only had to visit the hospital with family a handful of times. I had no idea what a nurse did until I started coming to this site when I began my very first pre-nursing class. All I knew was what was shown on TV, and you all know how accurate that was.
I have learned a lot about nursing from this site. And I have had my share of scolding, some of which has helped me grow into a better person and opened my mind to new perspectives.
Besides, nurses scold, too. And I think y'all are hardest on each other.
- May 26, '11 by hiddencatRNQuote from wwfdNo way. I found this site as a pre pre nursing student and it was very helpful in figuring out the prerequisite and application process, picking a school, doing well in that school, and transitioning to the role of a new grad nurse. I've also had the opportunity to help those that are coming after me which I've carried over in to the real world. This site has helped me form realistic expectations at every step that I truly believe to be instrumental in allowing me to embrace the learning process rather than be completely anxious about it. It helped socialize me in to the field early on which meant as a nursing student I was able to avoid some of the worst faux pas nursing students can make.I just wanted to run this up the flagpole and see what response i got. How many of you on here believe that this site should be limited to only licensed nurses? No patients,no wanna be nurses and no nursing students. Should these be truly a site where nurses can come and vent with no fear of being scolded for being "mean" or "burned out". Would it make this a better site?
I do not think I'd have the same interest in this site if I hadn't developed a relationship with it prior to becoming a nurse. I think the site is valuable because it IS the resource it is.
- May 26, '11 by krissy_mackThis site is WAY more than just "venting"!! Nurses just dint complain about their job all day. I'm sure most of them love what they do for a living so they don't need to vent everyday. I am only a CNA but a soon to be nursing student. Yea sometimes at work we cn get burned out or over worked but trust me we take the good with the bad!!