Licensed Nurses Only - page 11
I just wanted to run this up the flagpole and see what response i got. How many of you on here believe that this site should be limited to only licensed nurses? No patients,no wanna be nurses and no nursing students. Should these... Read More
- 1May 26, '11 by rnccf2007I have to agree that:
Quote from OCNRN63I think that this site should be for nurses and other members of the health care team, including students.I would at least be happier with no patients/lay people. A lot of us have been on the other side of the bedrail and seen the good, bad and ugly. I come from here to get away from patients, not interact with them after I've been with then all day. I want to talk to my peers.
The statement that " I come from here to get away from patients, not interact with them after I've been with them all day. I want to talk to my peers," may sound callous to people who have never worked in health care. However, we also need our own space. We do not have this luxury during our working hours. Case in point, what is a break or lunch time when the call lights chime in the breakroom and your Vocera or tele-phone rings off the hook? Talk about sensory overload! My point, we need our own space without being censored by others who have never walked in our shoes (and probably would not last as long as we have, let alone one day).
- 1May 26, '11 by anotheroneNo! I started lurking here YEARS ago before I was even a pre-nursing student! It provided a lot of valuable information. I never scolded any of the vents because those especially provide valuable information about some of the not so positive aspects of nursing.
- 1May 26, '11 by Marie13I think that even when it is nurses only you will bump heads on different opinions, I also hate the fact that we use this to vent because it's filled with other readers that have been in our shoes and understand, but then u have those rude people giving their rude opinions SMH
- 2May 26, '11 by Nurse_Diane GuideQuote from Marie13Will "u" please tell me what 'SMH' is?I think that even when it is nurses only you will bump heads on different opinions, I also hate the fact that we use this to vent because it's filled with other readers that have been in our shoes and understand, but then u have those rude people giving their rude opinions SMH
- 2May 26, '11 by eriksolnQuote from Diane-RN in MichiganI just figured out/learned what OP stands for last week. We should make entire posts of just acronyms. We'd save a lot of space, well...............IDK if saving cyber-space counts but....................Thanks. Not everyone on this board is "acronym-savvy."
aklr viaops detrme aga gee ah hala bbc ota iva oda.
See, what you don't realize is, I put the secret of a happy life in all acronyms in the above. Or was that "OMG WTH N/M"?