Google (and other ads) on AllnursesRegister Today!
- by MassED Nov 11, '10Does anyone know how to change privacy settings on Allnurses? I have seen my Facebook friends names pop up on the sidebar along with ads and I don't want to allow any transfer of information or sharing. I tried to find under "help" and posted a message, but haven't found any answer or mention of privacy and security, and I have searched and searched.
Thanks so much.
- I do see that many (or most) ads are by Google and I have changed my privacy and security settings through Google, but how would Facebook and my information be on here....? hmmmm.
- do you know how to disable cookies on this website? I have them changed on my computer under tools.... I still see it there....
- Nov 11, '10 by KarmaWiseRavenDidn't you know whatever you post on Allnurses ends up on Google. I questioned Allnurses about this because i thought this was a private form( kinda like a yahoo group) i was informed by a Allnurses admin its wide open to the public that's how other nurses find them. So kinda makes sense for Google ads to be popping up. These are my thoughts use them as you wish
- thanks, Karma and Trauma -
Karma - of course I understand the need to advertise for a website, but I don't want any information sharing from Facebook onto Allnurses. I opted-out of Google third party ads, but can't see how Facebook friends are on my sidebar - unless I sign out of Facebook. I had changed all Facebook privacy features that I can, but can't figure out why it's showing up on Allnurses - one has my name, one doesn't - see the problem??
Is Facebook now owned by Google...??
My head hurts.
- Thanks, Karen. I had read that, which is more profile on Allnurses privacy.
Anyway... it's exhausting.
- Nov 11, '10 by NRSKarenRNSee Joe's response in our previous thread: I have a question about ads on the site
Google display ads based on some of the following when displaying ads:
- your search history (eg. if you've been searching for a vacation trip to Hawaii it will show Hawaii related ads)
- your location (city, state, country, etc)
- site/page subject
- highest bidder
Of course, ads are only shown from those who publish ads on the Google network.
For the most part, ads that are displayed to you may not be seen by another.
To change privacy settings:
Next to your user name, click MyAccount
Go to: Your Space
Click Profile Privacy to change who can view your info.
Go to Edit Options to change email, PM; invisibility and subscription options.