CHPN Exam - page 2
by ajitamamasita 17,876 Views | 38 Comments
Hi, I have my scheduled test date for mid June and was wondering if anyone can recommend a place to get practice test questions, or would anyone be willing to share test questions they've used for this exam? I am currently using... Read More
- 1Sep 12, '12 by LookUp2SkyWoo hoo CannondaleRN!! Way to go I bet you will get some great sleep tonight, now that it is behind you!! Now, I wish I was in your shoes-lol.
Were the questions similar to Study Guide questions?
I am so happy for you! Thank you too, Westieluv for your good luck wish! Back to studying, had to check in on Cannondale!!
- 1Sep 16, '12 by nursecherylJust wanted to say that I'm scheduled to take the exam the last Friday in September. I've been studying but should have been studying longer I think. I'm a little scared. I was going to ask the same questions about where I can get test questions to practice.
- 0Sep 16, '12 by LookUp2SkyHi Nursecheryl - Do you have the Core Curriculum and book of Study Questions? That's is what I've been focusing on. The Core Curriculum is a little tedious, but I have learned a lot, especially over the last week. So, I think that's a good thing. I am going to take the one-time only practice test, online, on Monday. I drove to the test site today, as it is one-hour drive for me. I sure didn't want to increase my already escalating test anxiety-lol.
I think from a lot of previous posts I've read, the Core Curriculum should cover the material. At least I hope so! I am my own worst enemy when it comes to testing. I can know all the necessary information, but it goes right out the window with nerves-lol.
I am sure you will do just fine. Please know that I will mark your date on my calendar, and will be sending up a prayer for your success too. Best of luck to you!
- 1Sep 18, '12 by nursecherylHi Lookupsky-
Thanks for your response. I have the study guide for the generalist hospice and palliative nurse which is 255 practice questions with some case studies and a friend at work gave me his core curriculum for the generalist hospice and palliative Nursing book to use to study. I've went through both books and feel a little more confident but am still a little worried. I got a 93 percent on the practice questions and it made me feel better until i read on here that someone else got a good score on the practice test and didn't do good on the actual test. I'd like to take the test you are talking about on line. Where would i find this practice test. I'm willing to pay for it. The company I work for is paying for the certification test.
- 1Sep 18, '12 by nursecherylThanks for your prayers. Let me know when you are taking your test and i will do the same for you. That is a good idea to drive to the site ahead of time to make sure i know where it is. I'm taking the week that i take the test off to do my last minute studying and relax before i take it. The company I work for will not let you work for them without certification. They allow you to work for them for 2 years but you have to take the test and pass to keep working for them.
- 0Sep 18, '12 by LookUp2SkyHi Nursecheryl - So happy to report that I PASSED the CHPN exam!! (Thank you, God) I have every faith that you can too, especially since you report feeling better about having studied a little more.
There is a practice test available on the AMP testing website, same place where you scheduled, if you did it on line. I think there is also a link on NHPCA's website. If you still have trouble, let me know and I will see if I can get exact web address for you. I made a mistake (I think) by taking it one day before, cause I only passed by one, which sent me into a panic!! However, these tests are not based on raw scores, but more on scores within several categories, as described on instructions.
The Core Curriculum and Study Questions were very pertinent study materials for the test. The questions were straightforward. I felt that several times, I could get the answer down to two, but sometimes had to give it my best shot.
My advice would be to take the practice test at least one week out. It is good practice just being introduced the computer format, etc., and the questions are very similar.
Go for it. Again, I will say a prayer for you and your success!! Good luck.
- 0Sep 19, '12 by LookUp2SkyThank you so much, CannondaleRN!! So happy to have that behind me-lol.
I have been looking on-line, and have been unable to find any information whether the certification qualifies for any CE's? Do you happen to know. I know NBCHPN is accredited by the American Board of Nursing. Went to their website to see, but didn't see anything there, either.
Let me know if you happen to have any idea.
Thanks for your prayers and support! Congratulations to you, again, too