Aging nurseRegister Today!
- by Zobu Jan 22Considering going into hospice nursing is it as labor intensive inpatient care?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=810212©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 790 Views
- Jan 22 by kat7464I don't know if you are thinking of field work or in-patient work. I work in a six bed hospice house and we are frequently slammed with a variety of situations - patients in crisis, new admits, deaths, family dynamics. It's just me and my aide. It can be very physically and emotionally demanding. We always lift together, as well, for the safety of our backs. If you are looking for a desk job hospice isn't it! Good luck.
- Jan 22 by ZobuI was thinking of a job in the field. I realize its not a desk job but. I am hoping it would be less constant walking than inpatient bedside work?
- Jan 22 by kat7464Yes, I think you are right! Best of luck...I am sure your patients will benefit from your experience and wisdom, no matter where you go.
- Jan 22 by Zobuthanks kat!
- Jan 22 by leslie :-Din the field wouldn't be as labor intensive as inpatient.
however you do need to be able to lift, reposition, transfer, etc.
so yes, you do need to be in relatively good shape.
best of everything to you.