Unna bootsRegister Today!
- by lostNneuro Oct 24, '12For all you wound or home health nurses out there - Is it policy for you to measure the circumference of the calf, or below knee, calf, ankle, prior to applying unna boots?
- Oct 25, '12 by I<3H2OWe do not have that as part of our policy.
- Oct 26, '12 by Cherricka72I don't think it's our policy, but definitely best practice!
- Oct 27, '12 by kitcwcnIt is not the policy of the home health agency that I work for, however, we do have a policy that an ABI be obtained before applying compression of any type. Personally, I do go ahead and measure the circumference of the leg at calf, ankle and foot prior to application - best practice to see if therapy for edema reduction is working.
- Oct 27, '12 by I<3H2OI am new to HH and new to Unna boot application. Would you please explain why the measurements would be taken? I can understand an ABI (which we do not do either and I don't know how I would do that in HH b/c we do not have a doppler) but not just measurements.