Medicare SurveyRegister Today!
- by Tender HH RN May 16, '11Hello,
I'm in the process of getting Medicare certified. We are waiting for our CMS 855A to be approved then we will be applying for JCAHO accreditation deemed status in order to achieve both concurrently. I have tried looking for great resources, conferences, and meetings to ensure we pass our survey the first time. Does anyone have any advice on where to find these resources?
Any help would be great!
- May 27, '11 by NRSKarenRNsome great bedtime reading here:
4/08: update: new to homecare? read these articles to get you started
especially this info
check out your medicare intermedicary's website for their guidelines
cahaba: medicare reference guide: home health coverage guidelines
home health conditions of participation—42 cfr 484.1
what the surveyors are looking for:
- May 27, '11 by NRSKarenRNhh bibles:
[color=#0000cc]handbook of home health care administration
[color=#0000cc]home health financial management
handbook of home health standards and documentation guidelines for reimbursement, 4th edition
manual of home health nursing procedures
[color=#0000cc]icd-9 coding for home health: a comprehensive coders guide
complete home health icd-9-cm diagnosis coding manual, 2012
- May 28, '11 by HealthyNurseThose are all some great resources. I would recommend that you start with the CMS Home Health Benefit Manual (https://www.cms.gov/manuals/Downloads/bp102c07.pdf). Also, the State Operations Manual is the resource that provides guidance to state surveyors (https://www.cms.gov/OASIS/Downloads/sandcletter1111.pdf).
- Jun 3, '11 by Tender HH RNAll awesome links, thank you so much!