Help! What does this even mean?!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Help! What does this even mean?! in Home Health Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I have recently applied for a position with a home health care agency and they state that...by MimiLPN Jul 11, '12I have recently applied for a position with a home health care agency and they state that "knowledge of home health regulatory and reimbursement requirements" is a must.
Where do I even begin learning about regulatory and reimbursement requirements? I know they must be referring to medicare and medicaid... any body have some resources that could give me a clue about this? I googled a bunch of stuff but it all looks like gibberish to me!
I'm a new grad if you haven't noticed... and we didn't go over health insurance policy very much if at all.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=756251©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,077 Views
- Jul 11, '12 by marycarneyI suspect if you are applying for a staff-type position, the 'knowledge' they are looking for is VERY BASIC. In my HH experience, it includes things like avoiding fraudulent billing and not providing services for anyone other than the patient, for example.
I would not worry too much about this - in fact, why not contact the employer and ask THEM for a resource you could use to review this information?
- Jul 11, '12 by caliotter3When I worked in long term care I saw references to Title 22. One time I looked it up and read it. Very basic stuff that essentially I already knew from having been on the job. You can start with the stickies on this forum. Lots of references there. And as stated before, ask the employer.
- Jul 12, '12 by NRSKarenRNRead the 2 nursing CE articles posted to give you a basic background on Home Health:
- Jul 17, '12 by NCnurse22I love your stamps and your quotes! Thanks for the articles on Home health. I am planning on starting a new job doing compliance for a home health agency.
- Jul 21, '12 by KateRN1Everything you ever wanted to know about Medicare and Medicaid:
Home | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services