Are these violations?Register Today!
- by Paul Smith Jul 4, '12Are these HIPAA violations?
1) A hospital intern has been told to use his supervisor's username and password to access PHI and input comments.
2) A home hospice patient's wife invites their hospice volunteer to bring his daughter to visit; the daughter meets the patient.
PaulLast edit by sirI on Jul 4, '12 : Reason: removed email address
- Jul 5, '12 by Esme12Welcome to AN! The largest online nursing community.
We are happy to help with homework but we will not do it for you. Deductive reasoning and critical thinking skills are critical to the nursing profession. Homework is is to teach you how to be the detective and find the answers yourself for you will learn much more valuable information that way than someone doing it for you.
Tell me what you have so far and what you thinik and why and we will lead you to the path you need.
There is a great article by one of our contributor and a co-supporter of the students GrnTea......for you may find your answer there.
The answer: Is this a HIPAA violation?
- Jul 14, '12 by itsnoworneverIve had the first one several times on hospital HIPPA exams before clinical, so I'd say it was homework. LOL...what do you think? THe second one can take some thinking to get it, what do you think?