How I passed my exit HESIRegister Today!
- by Mem2012 Nov 15, '12Hey everyone!
I am so excited. I passed my Exit hesi exam with a score of 1190 (99.7 conversion score). I was so shocked and happy.
What I did was thousands of questions. We have a book that was given to us in the program where we had to do 2 sections every week. I did those questions on study mode first. The read the rationales for the questions I missed and bookmarked them. When I finished the questions, I redid the bookmarked questions. Then I did the same chapter in quiz mode.
I also did this with another book- Saunders Comprehensive review for the NCLEX. I used this to get another viewpoint of questions. I loved this book and feel like it helped alot.
I also downloaded a bunch of free apps on my iphone and did those questions when I was watching tv, feeding my baby, sitting in the car etc...
We also had to do evolve Case studies which helped. I did the comprensive review the night before.
I really think all this paid off and i learned a lot and got into the mode.
I hope this helps!
- Nov 30, '12 by <3nurseE>Thanks for much for the tips.. we don't take our exit exam until January, but this will help be to start studying now!!
- Dec 4, '12 by Mem2012Good luck! Just make your self do a few questions every day to keep in the habit and your mind thinking that way.
- Dec 5, '12 by Dree,RNHey there, that sounds very encouraging. I took my Hesi exit on Nov. 2nd and failed with an 819. Our program requires the minimum score to be 900. I have been using my Saunders book and the evolve case studies which is only made available for students who fail. I wish they'd made these available for the entire class prior to Hesi exit. I am retaking it this friday (dec. 7) and I am hoping to come out just like you. I have been watching 'The Secret' on youtube and applying that concept to my life. I am praying that it works this time!Last edit by Dree,RN on Dec 5, '12
- Dec 6, '12 by Mem2012Good luck tomorrow 3semstudent.
Thats too bad they didnt offer those tools to you before. They are such great resources and I am sure your entire class could benefit from them.
Try taking the comprehensive review tonight if you have time. It kind of solidifies everything you have been doing.
- Jan 16 by JalysewilliamsI take my exit in March and the we have to have is 850 or composite score of 78%. Im just so nervous about this exam and how to study for it. I do have the green Saunders book which many say is the "bible" and I also have the red and white hesi study book. Im just not sure which one would help best.
- Jan 19 by HouTxNurse832Jalyse,
I passed my Hesi today on the first try with a 1000+. I definitely read the entire hesi study book TWICE (special focus on the hesi hints). I also used hesistudy.com because there are TONS of questions there, and it's absolutely legit! The Saunders book I only used to CD from there to brush up on "knowledge" questions.
- Jul 31 by Tommygirl911Im am reading the HESI book now and also am using hesistudy.com. I am putting all my focus on the HESI hints and review questions, is that going to hurt me? Take test Nov 15 just started to study for the HESI exit worried I wont have time for anything once my last semester starts end of Aug. I like using hesistudy.com and read through every rational but was worried that wouldnt be enough. I also have assess to HURST reveiw but having a hard time listening to videos. Taking the test sinks in better for me learning wise. Any advise would be great I have to pass this test to grad and have 2 trys.
- Nov 17 by RN ExpertDree,RN I will be praying for your success.