How do you (or did) study for HESI specialty exams?Register Today!
- by zsnurs Jun 26Thank you,
Struggling first year..
- Jun 29 by jlautierI never studied for a hesi. They are just a test of your knowledge. Go into the test with a good nights sleep, chew gum (average of 10 points higher on exams if you chew gum), and make sure you take the remediation aspect of the hesi seriously. It will show where you have weaknesses in your nursing knowledge.
- Jul 3 by zsnursIt seems the majority of students get around 750-800's on theire HESI's. I get around 630s.. How am I supposed to get JUST an average score?
- Jul 3 by JillyPlotI've only taken the Fundamentals HESI so far, but I did well on it, so I will offer what I found worked for me as well as many friends. The best thing to do is make sure you are prepared for your regular exams and make sure you do practice questions. I have NCLEX review books and one or 2 HESI books, which I found to be very helpful. Just make sure to read the rationales for questions you get wrong (and even reading the rationales for the ones you got right can help with similar questions).
- Jul 3 by DivaLaJuicyQuote from zsnursEither study your nclex book, AND OR, buy the hesi book off of amazon, I have the hesi pn book and it is good, more straight to the point than the nclex books, and it comes with a diskIt seems the majority of students get around 750-800's on theire HESI's. I get around 630s.. How am I supposed to get JUST an average score?
- Jul 4 by tweety1023My school required us to buy the HESI book. It didnt help me on the fundamental HESI because there is no fundamentals section. But it definitely helped me in my maternity/pedi, psych, and pharmacology HESI. I just read through the specialties a couple times before the exam and memorized important concepts.
Fundamentals I got a 74% without studying
Maternity/pedi I got a 94%
Psych I got a 96 or 97%
Pharmacology I got an 88%
Exit HESI I got. 92% but I didn't study. We had 3 attempts and I wanted to see how I'd do without studying haha.
All of my HESI exams were above an 850. Most we're above 1000. Except my fundamental HESI I got a little below an 850