HESI Scores RT NCLEX SuccessRegister Today!
- by Troopers64 Dec 17, '12At my school we took both the ATI Competency Predictor and the HESI Exit exam. We took ATI tests throughout the program but only 1 HESI, the final. How do the HESI scores relate to passing the NCLEX. ATI CP was a 99% HESI 969.
- Dec 28, '12 by rumwynnieRNThe reasons we were told were that HESI is a very good predictor of how you will do on NCLEX. Almost all of the schools in my area use HESI to determine NCLEX pass rates, whereas ATI is used for additional help.
I don't know how true that is -- my school is finding even when you well on the HESI, you can still fail NCLEX, but the reasons were that people didn't take NCLEX prep seriously, or they were overthinking. *shrug*
- Jan 5 by sarrahJust speaking from personal experience- got a 1140 on the exit, 75 questions on the NCLEX and passed. Students who did well on the exit seemed to get 75 questions, those who struggled (a girl failed the exit twice and got 180 questions) seemed to have a harder time with NCLEX.
- Jan 10 by dwilliams941Quote from sarrahDo you have any hesi exit exam resources, that you would recommend?Just speaking from personal experience- got a 1140 on the exit, 75 questions on the NCLEX and passed. Students who did well on the exit seemed to get 75 questions, those who struggled (a girl failed the exit twice and got 180 questions) seemed to have a harder time with NCLEX.
- Jan 11 by melizerdI really like the Saunder's NCLEX-RN book. I didn't use a HESI prep specifically but started doing NCLEX questions as soon as I started my ADN program. We take a HESI exam every semester and I've scored 1105 and 1106 on them for the first two semesters.
- Jan 16 by sarrahHonestly... The evolve HESI book that is like 1/2 inch thick... It has a lot of pertinent information. And practice questions. nclex4000, exam cram, Kaplan, whatever- but make sure when you miss questions you look at WHY, did you not know the med, pathophysiology, anatomy or basic nursing action/intervention. For instance I noticed that my weakness was stages (of literally anything- growth and development, Alzheimer's, pregnancy whatever).
- Jan 18 by kemifairWhat is HESI I didn't do that in school.