- by firewifeRN Jun 24, '12my school does not require a certain score for end of semester hesi exams but they are 10% of final grade. However, the exit hesi to graduate has to 900 or above. In first level I made an 835 on my fundamentals hesi which I was very proud of because I didn't study at all I was too bust trying to study for finals. I don't graduate until dec 2013 but I am still worried about exit hesi and what is the best way to study for a hesi? I start second level in the fall and we have our pharm hesi at the end of semester which I took in first level and my teacher was terrible! I feel like i did not learning of anything so I'm really worried about that too.. I guess I'm just venting but of anyone knows a good book to study please let me know!
- Jun 25, '12 by tokyoROSEI got around the same score as you on my med/surg hesi. For exit hesi, I just used a NCLEX review book. Nailed the hesi easily.
- Jun 26, '12 by LLMSNRNCDcHi. Nothing to be afraid of with Hesi. I teach pharm and the students do from good to very well. It is also what you put into it. A good Nclex book that has pharmacology is very beneficial too. Excellent instruction is also a great help. Prof. L
- Jun 29, '12 by FilledWLoveUse Saunders! (HESI and Saunders are made by the same company:Evolve/Elsevier)
The book for content review and it comes with a great CD that you can practice questions. Keep practicing questions and you'll do great!
- Jun 30, '12 by mitralSaunders helped me pass Hesi as well. I have tried to attach the HESI/NCLEX study guide which I was sent from forums, but it was a mess so I organized it a bit (Thought the font is unique)- hopefully it works for ya!
- Jul 3, '12 by morgank90I studied with this HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, 3e (HESI Evolve Reach Comprehensive Review f/ NCLEX-RN Examination)
thought it was golden. Also the Hesi test-taking tutorials on the evolve website are really helpful. I went through them the night before the test and they helped put me in the right hesi-mindset.
- Jul 9, '12 by mmutkOur school made us take it at the end but did not require a passing score nor did
it affect our grade....
Needless to say I was studying for the NCLEX at that time, so I failed the HESI and
made it out in 75 questions on the NCLEX a month later.
- Jul 15, '12 by mwc1230HESI review book and nclex 4000 cd