Wanted to share resources for A&P, Chem, BioRegister Today!
- by pre-nurseshan Aug 4, '12I am applying to MTSU this fall for Spring 2013 admittance, and I'm taking the HESI A2 on August 20. My school requires all sections of the HESI (which it seems is unusual?) and I've been having a difficult time finding resources for the A&P,Chem, and Bio sections. It's been 10-12 years since I had these courses. I am unable to purchase the Elsevier book right now, so I was sweating this somewhat, thinking I had go back over all my textbooks and notes I got the bright idea to look at the websites listed inside the books, and sure enough, I was able to find sites that have quizzes and such! I'm feeling a lot more confident now! Here are the sites I'm using:
http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/genbio/ma...nt_index.mhtml - (general biology) a drop down for each chapter with content review, critical thinking, quizzes and chapter tests.
http://cwx.prenhall.com/bookbind/pubbooks/hill/ - (general chemistry) a list of objectives for each chapter and a multiple choice quiz/test
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/site...iew0/chapter1/ - (general chemistry) similar to above; includes flashcards and more
http://www.mhhe.com/links/1253/556/index.html - (A&P) an index of links to other sites within the sphere of A&P; many of these links are non-functional, so this site is only marginally helpful
http://www.lumen.luc.edu/lumen/meded.../mainx_sec.htm (anatomy) - gives the option of section/MRI/CAT images, with buttons you can click to show the names of the anatomy
Will be back as I find more!
- Aug 6, '12 by pre-nurseshanSo we can't edit our posts here? anyway, here are the ones I was looking for in A&P:
Anatomy and Physiology*|*Chapter Quiz - similar to other Mcgraw-Hill links posted above - textbook chapter quizzes, outlines, flashcards, etc.
http://academic.pgcc.edu/~aimholtz/AandP/ANPmain.html - a bio prof's site with links to A&P notes, interactive quizzes, lab practicals, and more
Dr. Ross's Biol 217 Anatomy and Physiology I at CBU - this one is a little bit more odds and ends. It links to another A&P prof's website, but it looks like it's sort of an index to other related material, so it might not be as straight forward to use as the other two.
Hope this helps someone else! I'd love to hear back from anyone else who's sweating the HESI A2 this month! We can sweat it together!
- Aug 10, '12 by ruddergrlThank you for sharing! I take my test in a couple of weeks and am looking for any additional things that will help. I appreciate you taking the time to do this.
- Aug 11, '12 by bruno7539Great resources. I don't take the HESI exam until next semester but I will definitely be using these websites to preview some of my classes and get ahead on the material. Thanks for sharing, you rock!
- Aug 12, '12 by SamenthaThank you so much this is really helpful
- Aug 20, '12 by pre-nurseshanTook my HESI today, and TBPH, I was shocked at how easy it was. Those of you who have a few months before your exam, if you just work through the McGraw -Hill links, you should do great! I got a 93!
- Aug 21, '12 by CrazyGoonLPNIs that Middle TN state university? If so then physics is the only section not on the HESI entrance exam.
- Aug 26, '12 by pre-nurseshanRight - I didn't have any problem finding helps for the math and english sections, only the science sections.
Also, I thought the personality test and learning styles test were WAY off. I'm pretty familiar with both of those subjects, and I found the questions and available answers to be basically useless. It was like, "which of the following do you prefer: a strawberry, a kitten, a thunderstorm or a knife." And even that question would make sense in context; it just seemed like the questions and answers were unrelated, or that they didn't offer a choice which made sense to me. (That was not an actual question, it was just an example of how I perceived the questions.)
- Sep 18, '12 by KrystalanneThank you so much for these resources!! I'm taking my exam 1 week from tomorrow. I'm so, so nervous! I took it 6 months ago and passed with an 82.9, but it wasn't enough to get me into the program. I'm hoping to boost my score by 10 points.... wish me luck, and thanks again!!