Lonestar ADN 2012 - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 8, '12 by 3prouommyHi esmy1!!! Thank you, I feel if I would have done better on the vocab part it would have been higher, but such is life. Anyway, I bought the study guide from evolve reach, and, while its no help on the anatomy and vocab, it really does help with the other three sections. English is my strong point in school, so my skills in that department are to thank for doing as well as I did. Just go over old notes from a&p, and u should do okay. Its not super detailed, but u do have to kind of know, u know? Im just hoping my total is enough to get me in. ive been reading past posts and saw that NH accepted students with lower scores than mine; im hoping they are as gracious this time.
- Feb 12, '12 by futurert09Quote from ikegrad2002Hello everybody. I am a pre-nursing student at Lonestar college and I was planning on taking the Hesi test Monday. I will be applying to North Harris as my first choice and Montgomery as my second choice. So far I have 8 points out of the 12 point scale and once I take the Hesi, that will determine if I will be accepted or not. I am currently taking Pharmacology. I have a 3.5 GPA and I have taken all my pre-req's plus some. The only part of the HESI Exam I am worried about is the A&P section. I hear all kinds of reviews on it and I am extremely nervous. If anybody can shed some light on this section of the HESI, I would greatly appreciate it.
Hey! I am applying this summer for the quest online program at kingwood!
What is the best study book for the Hesi A2? I have read a lot of conflicting reviews online about study books!
- Feb 14, '12 by englishgeekThis website helped me quite a bit. Hesi a2 flashcard sets and study tools | Quizlet It has a lot of different flash card sets that people made to study for this. I had not taken A&P, so I read through a textbook. I would recommend knowing the different systems. For bio, know how a cell works (both plant and animal.) Chemistry had stuff about the Periodic Table set-up and certain elements. Know about the parts of an atom. I didn't study much for English (I have a degree in English) or math, but for the first I would recommend knowing the difference between commonly confused words (Google that and you will probably come up with something.) The website I provided has many card sets on vocabulary; that should be sufficient. The math part is a lot about adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing fractions and decimals, finding ratios, and knowing unit cancellation method will help. Hope that helps.
- Feb 18, '12 by kaliseferHello everyone, I also applied to Lone Star this application period. I was an alternate for the 2012 Spring ADN program at Cy-fair with a score of 11.24. I will be reapplying this application period and hopefully I will not be an alternate again.
- Feb 20, '12 by kcbeeHi everyone..., was told i had to take the HESI A2? Has anyone taken this test? and where can i buy the hesi study guide.Thanks for any suggestions!
- Feb 21, '12 by kaliseferOnly 13 Business days left for those applications to be submitted ;-) then comes the long worrisome wait for the acceptance/denial letters. I bet we will get the letters during the first week of April.
- Feb 22, '12 by EsMy1Only 13 days! I haven't even taken the HESI or submitted my application.. I better get on it...
- Feb 22, '12 by kaliseferEsMy1 - did you take the HESI?
- Feb 23, '12 by EsMy1not yet but i’m definitely going next wednesday. i’m goingto use these couple of days to study for it as much as i can and hopefullyeverything will go ok. i will keep my fingers crossed for us.
- Feb 23, '12 by DigixEsMy1, you're doing better than me I only have 1 point on the 2nd category for a grand total of 4.1. And due to the fact I haven't taken the HESI yet, but I am studying for it. I do want to see the HESI so I know how its like, so most likely I'll take it next month as a practice test.
I'll apply next year as I want to retake that PSYC 2301 that I got a C in, but that A in Biol 2402 helped a lot.
Oh and good luck on your test!