HESI A2 VocabularyRegister Today!
- by Angel1990 Jul 13, '10Hello everyone,
I am new to this site and find it extemely helpful! My question is how are you studying for the Vocabulary section? I took the HESI June 28th and did well on everything else but the Vocab. Any reccomendations? Tips? Like what books to study prefixes and suffixes ( medical)? Thanks in advance!
- Jul 14, '10 by guiltysinsI honestly didn't look at anything. I don't think you can study for it. For me the questions I didn't know were just things I would have ever known. Vocab was my lowest score but I passed.
- Jul 14, '10 by Noel1221I studied the Evolve Hesi study guide's vocab. I made flash cards from the Vocab section, and did the Study guides vocab. test's and then wrote any additional Vocob words, that were not included in the original vocab list. I would say about 50% of the HESI Test Vocab comes from this. Flash cards, to me, was the best way to study the vocab, I also put the example sentence with the definition so that I knew how it would be used in a sentence. Good Luck to you I got over a 90 on the vocab section, with this study method!!
- Jul 15, '10 by Angel1990Ok thanks guiltysins and noel1221!! yea ive memorized and embedded each vocab word already into memory... when i took the HESI i only had about 3 of those words. so maybe when i take it the second time ill have more. But congrats to both of you on doing well! WHere are ya'll applying to?
- Jul 15, '10 by on eagles wingsI think the flashcards are a great idea. I think the best suggestion I've heard is to read. I'm going to get some novels on the holocaust and history and some biographies. I will highlight and look for words I don't know. Kind of like you do in high school.
- Jul 20, '10 by NAM123NOEL
how was the A&P part on the test? please help me...provide some example or type of questions that were on the test
- Jul 23, '10 by Noel1221I actually did not have to take the A&P Portion But I have heard that the HESI Evolve study guide does have some A&P information, and practice tests. Also, I head a suggestion of buying the A&P For Dummies, book and reviewing that material. I would definetly reccomend picking up the study guide, it is very informative, and sets you up to know how the test will be layed out. Sorry I could not have been of more help~Good Luck to all!
- Jul 23, '10 by Noel1221Angel1990, Really there were only 3 words you think from the study guide? Hmm, we probably have different tests, but I would say that mine was at least 50% from the Study Guides "Vocab Test section" and "Vocab word list".. that stinks, that there were so few on your exam . When are you planning on taking it again?
- Jul 25, '10 by Angel1990sorry for responding so late... im retaking ti on aug. 18th and yea i had moreso medicl terminology. So i would recommend anyone encountering the exam to study medical terminology(prefixes&suffixes)!
- Jul 25, '10 by NAM123Quote from Angel1990ANGEL1990,sorry for responding so late... im retaking ti on aug. 18th and yea i had moreso medicl terminology. So i would recommend anyone encountering the exam to study medical terminology(prefixes&suffixes)!
Moreso Medical Terminology is that a book's name?