HELP! HESI is scary :(Register Today!
This is a discussion on HELP! HESI is scary :( in HESI Entrance exam, part of Nursing Student ... Hey Ya'll the spring semester is fast approaching and I'm so excited and nervous to try to get into...by Hmayse Feb 14Hey Ya'll the spring semester is fast approaching and I'm so excited and nervous to try to get into the LPN class... I have to take the dreaded Hesi exam and I'm freaking out a bit, I've been studying from the evolve hesi admission assessment study guide 2nd addition and using quizlet for my vocab. I have to take 4 sections (vocab, reading comp, Math, grammar) and I have 3 hrs to take the test in... I'm not particularly good at math, so I'm pretty shaken up about taking it, I've been studying my hind end off. I have until Feb. 22nd to take the test for admission into the April class.. Does anyone have any advice, suggestions, good practice test website?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=815662©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,301 Views
- Feb 16 by lalacb123Those sections of the HESI are fairly easy. The questions are pretty easy. Luckily, you don't have to take the A&P section. I recommend you study the vocab in the HESI study guide because most of the words on the test come directly out of the study guide. Good luck!
- Feb 19 by HmayseThanks @ lalacb123!
- Feb 19 by KdreneeI agree, those sections are easy. When I took it I was worried about the math so I jotted down notes on a few small pieces of paper and kept them with me all day and when I had time I would take them out and study them.
My math portion was mostly rAtio and proportion, and adding fractions. I ended up making a 92 on the math part! Overall 87 with A&P, chem, and biology so I think you will be fine
- Feb 19 by domacheeksWait! Kdrenee.. My test is tomorrow!I hope you get this in time. How is the Chem???? Are there a lot of word problems for math and chem? How was Bio? I have to take everything but Physics. I heard the vocab from the book is a waste of time. Please help I would love as much advice or opinion from chem and bio!! Thanks and Congrats on your scores!! You are lucky!
- Feb 20 by KdreneeQuote from domacheeksHope you get this in time!! The chem was pretty basic.. No word problems for chem.. Pretty much high school stuff. Math was really simple to me and I am not math person at all! A few word problems, a lot of ratio and proportion, also pretty basic.Wait! Kdrenee.. My test is tomorrow!I hope you get this in time. How is the Chem???? Are there a lot of word problems for math and chem? How was Bio? I have to take everything but Physics. I heard the vocab from the book is a waste of time. Please help I would love as much advice or opinion from chem and bio!! Thanks and Congrats on your scores!! You are lucky!
My vocab test was a lot of easy words.. If you are good at context clues you should be fine, and a lot of my words were on my study guide.
The bio was hardest for me.. I barely passed this section BUT I haven't taken biology since high school. If you studied pretty well I thin you will do great! To be honest I didn't study much and did fine. I studied mostly math and then was very surprised by how easy it was.
- Feb 20 by domacheeksThanks! My test is in 4 hours and I am going crazy! I am glad chem is not too in depth. I am just worried about conversions but I am still looking over everything. Thanks for your advice/views!
- Feb 20 by KdreneeQuote from domacheeksHow'd ya do?Thanks! My test is in 4 hours and I am going crazy! I am glad chem is not too in depth. I am just worried about conversions but I am still looking over everything. Thanks for your advice/views!
- Feb 20 by domacheeksugh! I passed everything but vocab! I'm upset but I am happy with my other scores since it was my first time taking it.
- Feb 21 by HmayseThanks Kdrenee! I have heard a mix of reviews saying it was pretty easy and basic but then I run across some horror story's that freak me out lol, 101 people can say it's easy peasy but then there's 1 that has taken it over and over and failed and how it's so hard and I automatically think that its the hardest thing in the world to pass and I sike myself out... was there any decimal to fractions, percent's, metric to English conversions, and roman numerals? I did take all the sample questions from the study guide and created a practice test using all the problems to see what area's I need work in, overall I got a 82% not bad, but I couldn't remember for the life of me how to turn a decimal into a fraction ( until I went and looked at it in the book, and wanted to hit myself in the forehead "Dork"!!!) lol I took the vocab test on quizlet of 107 words and got a 85% so I'm hoping that my nerves will calm down and I wont get to crazy nervous! Thanks in advance