HELP! Bombed the HESI Entrance Test - Page 9Register Today!
- Feb 12, '11 by FLhuskerFor the reading, they will give you a topic covering a few paragraphs and then ask about 5 or 6 questions from the topic. You can refer to the paragraphs when answering so that makes it easy. You will have to figure out what the author is implying, along with answering specific questions about facts, opinions and generalizations. If you take your time, it is pretty easy to get through this part. I got a 98% on this part and I hate reading and often have to read something 3 or 4 times before it sets in!
I wasn't worried too much about Chemistry since that portion doesn't figure in to my overall score at my school. If I remember correctly, know about moles, different kinds of bonding, molecular weight, element symbols, subatomic particles (where they are and which are bigger).
Biology...know the stages of Mitosis (PMAT), cell structure (if I recall there were a few questions about the cell membrane, rough ER, golgi apparatus and nucleus), RNA and DNA (what they do and what there are made of), phenotypes, recessive gene, also had to know that AIDS was in the retrovirus group.
It's just so hard to remember all of the questions.
I hope this helps!
- Feb 12, '11 by Floridatrail2006Retake it. Check out my post about the hesi, its helped other people. I've got some different guides that may help you out if your interested. Check out my hesi related post.
- Feb 13, '11 by Habibah76I need help with vocabulary and a&p section for better score.
- Feb 14, '11 by nightngalI need help! I took the math and reading portion of the Hesi last semester. I did ok, 84.7 (reading) and 93 (math). I thought that I was ready to apply, all I was doing was finishing up microbiology. Well apparently this semester the school made many changes, there are now 3 extra portions to the Hesi. Grammer, vocabulary and A&P. I have only learned this information a few days ago and application period will be over soon. I have no idea on what to study for anatomy! I have heard mixed review in my class concerning the vocabulary, some say it has nothing to do with the hesi study guide and others say it does! I thought I was finished, I have terrible test anxiety, so please anyone nice enough to help would be great appreicated!!!
- Feb 23, '11 by MCLMN765I was wondering if anyone was still willing to help some pass the Hesi A2 test?
I take mine March 14th 2011
- Mar 19, '11 by camaevcan you guys remember what kind of questions in the a&p section? at least give us an idea like what to focus on and give us some sample questions if you guys remember..thanks in advance!!
- Mar 19, '11 by camaevhow did you do on your test?
- Mar 27, '11 by ebonyrootI am looking over the "Information and Application" packet for Gateway Community College in Phoenix. It only states that there is a math portion that must receive a 75% or higher and a "composite" score of 75% or higher in reading, grammar, and vocab. If any one on has take the exam for any of the Maraca colleges and has any info as to how hard the math portion might be for some one with WEAK math skills. If so, would I fair better on the exam if I took a math course before attempting the exam?
- Mar 28, '11 by Maria FontI took the Hesi yesterday, and the math part is like the information on the book. There were about 10 questions in convertion, percentages, converting pounds to kilograms, etc, fractions, multiplication subs, division. If you follow the book, you will do ok.
- Apr 18, '11 by lrachel2007I am going to take hesi next 2 weeks which is april 28, I really help on grammar and reading portion of exam. I believe i don't have problem with math and vocabulary. Is anyone have good materials for grammar and reading.... i just passed CPAt exam today, the rep. said i barely passed because i did good on the math portion... Please, let me know or send me some infomation.... I really appreciated..