HELP! Bombed the HESI Entrance Test - Page 12Register Today!
- Jun 14, '12 by hurrlybabyHi there, Jayn 108, you need to go back to and read all my posts because I wrote every detail I remembered after I took the test. Math, Vocab, grammer and so on. it will help you a lot.
I was accepted finnaly into the Nursing program after 3 years of waiting, and trust me it will be much more harder than this simple test. I am studing right now Pharm... I know you can do it, there are only so many versions of this test, and I have seen a lot of questions I had here...
I hope this helps.
- Jun 19, '12 by traumaRUsplease do not post copyrighted material. do not ask other posters for study guides from their universities. do not ask for pdfs of study guides. this is all considered academic dishonesty!
- Sep 17, '12 by ConcomitanceI got 100% on the math and 97% on the english. I can't help with the english; I would recommend the study guides. I did well on english because that's what my major was. I did study a lot for the math.
It is simple math, fractions, ratios, and conversions. There are a TON of comparisons, such as: 1:x, 2:15, find x. You also need to know a lot of measurements. I memorized the following:
8 ounces in 1 cup
2 cups in 1 pt
2 pts in 1 qt
4 qts in 1 gallon
16 ounces / 1 lb
2.204 lbs / 1 kg
29.5735 ml / 1 oz
.3048 meters / 1 ft
F=C(9/5) + 32
There are several metric conversions, so learn them.
If you memorize those equations, and take your time double-checking every answer, even the simple math, you'll do fine.
- Sep 19, '12 by RN inthe makingcan you please email me I have a couple questions but I can't PM yet. pleeaseee!
- Sep 20, '12 by kcharnoskiHello
I am going to be taking the HESI for the first time on Thursday.
I don't thing 72.5% is a complete bomb, maybe there is someone who can study with you? where do you live? Have you tried making flash cards? I also highly recommend an app that I have on my Android phone called HESI Review by SuperFlashCard.com. Here is a link to all of the flash cards they have made for HESI review :
I wish you the best of luck. Don't stress out too much ! I have found that it is hard to study anything when you are stressed. When I get to stressed I use this tea :
Maybe it will work for you!
Quote from alphadog0228I took the HESI pre-entrance test today and BOMBED scoring 72.5%. I need a minimum of 77% to even be considered for the program.
I got the Elsevier review book and studied for 10 days. I took the 4 practice tests in the back of the book but I dont think it helped enough. There were questions on the practice tests that were not covered in the review chapters.
I got a 68% on the Math (improper fractions killed me) and had trouble with the Bio section. I did OK on the AP part but there were questions I didnt know even though I studied the review book. I completed AP I this
Fall (got a B+) and I am registered for AP II starting in two weeks. I passed Algebra I and II with a B+.
I am frustrated. I am a 3.6 GPA in the pre-nursing classes, I work a full-time job and a part-time job as a Nurse Assistant in the ER (16 hours a week) to make me more competitive when I apply. I go to school two nights as week to complete the pre-reqs. I am a returning student after 20 years and I truly want to be a nurse. The clinical experience in the ER I love and I have learned a great deal in a short period of time
Does anyone have any advice on how to better prepare for the re-take test? I have two weeks to get ready and this re-take is my last shot for me to apply for the Fall 2009 class. You can only take the test twice in one
Thanks for your help and guidance