Sleep Mask - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 3 by lalopop86Have you looked into white noise machines? Or download a white noise/sleep sounds app on your phone
- Jan 4 by DoGoodThenGoHave been using sleep masks (and ear plugs) for ages now even for normal sleeping.
Started when one moved from the realtive peace and quiet of Staten Island to the Big City (Manhattan) with it's never ending noise both day and night. Thing is now really have a hard time falling asleep without my "gear" so to speak.
I don't spend money on anything fancy, just whatever can be found at Duane Read or maybe other shops that is inexpensive but does the job. Will admit kind of like my newest mask that is filled with some type of beads. Supposedly the pressure does wonders for dark circles/bags under one's eyes. So far though haven't noticed that much of difference, but then again am at the age when one does not look into mirrors first thing in the morning! *LOL*
- Jan 17 by teleRN08Best sleep mask ever is this one. I use it daily. Going on five years. http://www.tempurpedic.com/Travel/Te...-SleepMask.asp
- Jan 22 by catholichealthFind some other techniques other then the earplugs. It really hurts. Why didn't find some thing better to help your boyfriend to get rid of snoring . you can find a snoring anti snoring mouth piece. it may help you.
- Jan 22 by M/B-RNI agree that earplugs are not comfortable, and mine would always fall out. I downloaded some white noise and I play that. I put on one earphone (since I lay on my side) and it helps me fall asleep like a baby because I don't hear anything since on ear is on the pillow and the other has an earphone. Also, since you can't replace anything, buy yourself a big black beach towel and place it over the curtains, no one will even know.
- Jan 23 by DoGoodThenGoQuote from catholichealthEar plugs shouldn't hurt, but then again you aren't supposed to be jamming them so deep the are right up against your ear drum. *LOL*Find some other techniques other then the earplugs. It really hurts. Why didn't find some thing better to help your boyfriend to get rid of snoring . you can find a snoring anti snoring mouth piece. it may help you.
Tend to use the foamy types and merely roll/squeeze them between fingers to flatten them out a bit, then using the other hand slightly raise the ear and then insert just abit inside. Upon release the things should "fluff" up and that is what keeps out most of the noise. Once the things stop fluffing up easily it is time to chuck and grab new from the box.
Usually find by AM one or both of my ear plugs have come out however it really doesn't befront me. Once am asleep you could play Wagner at full blast and wouldn't wake me. *LOL*
- Jan 23 by dah dohSleep masks always fell off me. I did black out curtains on a spring loaded shower rod until I tinted the window. How about a folding screen that you place by the window and hang the blackout curtain on that or some use big clips to clip the blackout curtain to the blinds? I used an old circulating fan...it was noisy and cooled the room too. If you are concerned you'll sleep through your alarm when using earplugs, they sell things that you place under your pillow that vibrate when your alarm goes off.