Keeping TV on while sleeping = Depression?? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 31, '11 by JM RNI sleep with the tv on plus the air conditioner (for The noise even when it's cold) plus a white noise machine lol n I can't have it any other way!
- Jul 31, '11 by SweetheartRNI have to sleep in silence or as close to it as I can get.
- Jul 31, '11 by ~Mi Vida Loca~RNWhen I was a lot younger I slept with the TV on, for many years now though I need it to be completely dark to sleep and usually I will have my Ipod playing in the background.
I usually have lights off too unless I need them off. In fact another perk to night shift is turning off the lights. My friends always make fun of me that I live in a bat cave!
- Jul 31, '11 by ~Mi Vida Loca~RN"Studies have also found that people who work night shifts have higher rates of mood disorders compared to people who sleep when their bodies are supposed to sleep."
So I can blame the mood disorder on this now?
- Aug 1, '11 by ~Mi Vida Loca~RNQuote from linearthinkerWe don't have a tv in our room either. But when we did we didn't have a problem with it killing anything. It has an on/off switch that fixes that problem. Can also be incorporated into itWe have never had, and will never have, a TV in our bedroom. Best way to kill your sex life! No thanks, we don't want any distractions. And I sleep very well.
- Aug 1, '11 by nerdtonurse?I work nights....I listen to audiobooks to drown out the daytime noises...I love reading "I, Claudius" by Robert Graves, but it's boring as all get out to listen to...puts me to sleep every time...
- Aug 1, '11 by ~Mi Vida Loca~RNQuote from nerdtonurse?Nursing textbooks worked for putting me to sleep!I work nights....I listen to audiobooks to drown out the daytime noises...I love reading "I, Claudius" by Robert Graves, but it's boring as all get out to listen to...puts me to sleep every time...
- Aug 1, '11 by DizzyLizzyNurseQuote from JM RNYeah I like having the tv on (I sleep with a sleep mask on) our Ipod and a fan for the noise too. If it's cold I point the fan away from me.I sleep with the tv on plus the air conditioner (for The noise even when it's cold) plus a white noise machine lol n I can't have it any other way!
- Aug 1, '11 by nursel56Well first I'd like to know how they assumed the 8 hamsters who were in a dimly lit cage as opposed to a completely dark cage after being with the other 8 hamsters in the very bright cage were actually depressed as opposed to merely feeling pensive or contemplative that day. I don't always go swimming when I'm happy, either. I guess what I'm saying is it would be pretty easy to misdiagnose depression in a hamster because they can't talk.
I like to have the TV on, too -- but usually with the sound turned way down or off and rarely with something not black and white. For some reason I really like having Turner Classic Movies on - usually they would have movies from the 1930s on at night where everyone seemed to live in apartments with super high ceilings, and the ladies always wear long gowns with lots of satin. I find that comforting for some reason. Never Charles Bronson or Bruce Willis movies.
CarolinaGirl- thanks for the hint! I had a Radio S**** gadget that made 4 types of white noise I lost and never replaced. Sometimes I just want to block out all the barking dogs, stomping feet etc in the fun "apartment life".